Finally..a product that works!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well now folks I'm so excited by this product I just had to bring it to ya'lls attention. Now normally I don't git this excited on account of most of the stuff out there doesn't do half of what it squeals about. (Lose weight overnight!!! Grow hair!!!...No more wrinkles!! Six-pack abbs in 20min.!! Stop smoking by putting gold-plated magnets in yer ears! Put these on yer feet and walk faster, lose weight and grow hair! Spritz on this pheremone and attract men/women/whatever! Larn to speak Portuguese in 15 min.!! Be the envy of all yer neighbors! Make a million dollars in 20 days! Be like Bob and grow an elephants trunk!....ad nauseum) O.K....so here's the deal. Toilet bowls...right nasty subject but we all got one..eh? Well mine has been in place and seen a lot of usage for the past 20yrs. without a lot of maintenance and a build-up of lime-scale and iron such as ya'll wouldn't believe. I couldn't chisel this junk off! I should have taken "before&after" photos..but I didn't think it would be appropiate. (I still should'a done it!) Anyways....today I bought a jug of Zep acidic toilet bowl cleaner. Available at Home Depot for about $8. Ya'll just wouldn't believe it! This stuff peeled off layers of build-up... beyond the comprehension of most mere mortal men/women... faster than lightening! It fell off in sheets..no pun intended! I cain't wait til Carol sees this..she'll think I put in a new toilet! The new door on the bathroom ($60) made her smile..just wait till she sees this! (priceless!) Audie...the Oldfart...
Greg

Zep has always made good stuff. If you like what you buy at H.D., you should try the commercal line of products. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Serena

Okay, I'm sold! Too bad I don't have my camera yet.
Yanita

Hey folks,

Always interested in products that really work...but, I gotta move this to off topic as it is not repair related. Please follow me there...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
oldfart

Hmmmm? "Not repair related"? Being the frugal man that I am I had to decide between replacing a toilet ($150) removing the old toilet/wax ring and rusted bolts...or trying an $8 jug of cleaner. Aha! Instead... I repaired it! And for less effort than it took me to clean the footprint Carol left every time she visited and used the porciline convience!! (2ft. above the toilet..right above the tank..go figger????) O.K. Yanita...I'm just tormenting ye. This spot (Off-Topics) is just fine. ROTFLMBO! Audie..the Oldfart...:)
Yanita

Hmmm, LOL, Ole fart, if cleaning a commode is repair then I must change the name of my cleaning business! Annnd that would also mean a substantial raise, hmmm, might consider this.

I heard the other day that alka seltzer cold plus tablets and those effervescent tablets used to clean dentures also cleans a toilet...do not know for sure as I clean ours regularly. Not sure how either of these methods would clean under the rim though?

You have a great day.

And tell Carol to keep both feet planted on the floor! no need in making extra cleaning, LOL.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!