BRISTOL, NASCAR FANS

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Finally a track that usually gives a good race! I love the short tracks!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Yep

I like Bristol. I like Daytona better.

Jr is moving up. Here's a photo of his Lear Jet.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

Thanks for the pic, must suck not having money huh?

Been a good race thus far...not counting on anything though, it's not over till the first man crosses the finish line!

This race needs to come on and be done, I got some trees to plant, 3 bradford pears and a cork screw willow.

Yanita
Harry

OOPPPPS! The winner ain't #20.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Yup! :twisted:

To bad Harvick could'nt of kept his car off the apron, would of been ok...to be certain Tony will have something to say...and of course whatever it is everyone will think he is wrong..

Yanita
Harry

Yup

Tony is ranked 7th as of Bristol ....not bad.

Harry
Yanita

Yup, not bad but should be better.

I knew he was not going to win the race, seldom when he leads the most laps does he win.

I like RCR, so the win was not real hurtful, at least Tony finished within the top fifteen opposed to a DNF.

Guess it could of been worse.

His brief interview I thought was fine. But we shall see how the media portrays everything. Got the feeling that someones spotter was already saying things to start drama, got that from Harvick's interview...

All in all a good race.

No race next week end because of Easter, maybe I will get some more spring cleaning done and some more projects in the yard completed!

Have a great evening!

Yanita
Robert

Here's my take. Tony moved Kevin down on the apron and admitted getting in his way in interview.

That's normal at Bristol.

Kevin being on apron and the uneveness with rest of track surface pushed back up track unable to control car, which he admitted to in interview.

Also normal at Bristol.

BOTH drivers accepted fault and I'm proud of them. This is a real example of a tracks traditional form of racin and it played out as normal as ever.

They both raced hard and both made mistakes, neither intentionally and what happened was really nobodies fault or a little of both being guilty of doing what they're paid to do..........race.

The spotter and media that Kevin referred to is always gonna be and is unfortuanate.

They're good friends, will talk and work it out and move on.

Hated Denny lost fuel or whatever, but good to see Jeff Burton in a victory finish again, been a while.

Glad it didn't get rained out.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Well I did not have time to listen to all the post race interviews, I did catch Tony's and he said he thought he gave plenty of room, and I did hear Kevin say he caught the apron, but as you said it is racin.

Yes, Tony and Kevin are very good friends and it generally is the media that provokes and portrays alot more than what is really goin on!

Do you know what happened to Denny's car, did he run out of gas?

Another good short track after Easter!

Hey Thanks for looking me after last nights storms, man they have been bad this year!

Yanita
Robert

Not sure about Denny, but they said his fuel cell didn't pick up and it appeared he was out of gas or it didn't pick up one.

Tony said he thought he gave enough room, but was probably his fault.

Kevin took the blame in his interview.

If you watch the replays, it clearly shows Tony racin him down to the apron.

He backed off then, but the apron being uneven with track pitch and Kevin being half and half, it threw him back up track.

Kinda like letting wheels drop off shoulder, he should have rode it out further.

Both were just racin and it happens at Bristol too fast to overcome it.

LOL, Tony and Kevin neither one have ever needed the medias help in stirring the pot.

You're welcome, I know all too well about them durn naders as that has always been our thorn here in tornado alley.

Tell Larry hello.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jim from Canada

It was a heck of a race...just needed the edge of my seat.

Jim
Yanita

LOL Jim,

There have been several times when no seats were needed here, but these 7 1/2 foot ceilings could be a little higher, also the scatter rugs get all messed up as everyone is using there gas pedals hollering go, go!

Awwww the life of NASCAR fans!

Yanita