Nothing like the smell of KILZ to addle ones brain!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well folks it's been a while since I've posted..but today is my day! Been working on remodeling a 4ft.X12ft. room on the south end of my old trailer and today is the day to roll on the primer! HUZZAH! After twaddling about inhaleing drywall dust for a week this should be a cinch...eh! Since I chose not to replace the ceiling (luann) I opened up a can of KILZ primer to roll on and cover up 38yrs. worth of smoke and junk. Excellent stuff KILZ..but the fumes..wagh! So here I am..trapped in a 4X12 room..all 250lbs. of my 6ft.3in. frame. Did I mention I worked all night in the bakery..and I'm a bit exhausted anyways. Possibly not thinking too clearly. Well, no matter. Now, in order to light the room I have a porciline (sp.?) fixture hanging in the center of this tiny space. It's just dangeling from the exposed electrical wires. This is one of those ceramic light-fixtures like ya'll have out in the garage..with a 100 watt bulb in it. O.K.? It's a very confined area..the light fixture is flopping around and I'm sweating profusely..swinging a metal pipe around with a paint-roller attached to the end..dripping primer everywhere. Probably flammable..who knows? The fumes are incredible! I passed double-vision about an hour ago! Now I'm just trying to focus on getting this job done and getting out'a here! My head is sopping wet with sweat and I tossed my hat some time back. And then....in one deft moment of idiocy...I backed my sopping wet hair into the dangling light-fixture! I heard 3 distinct POP!'s I presume the first was the arc as I completed the circuit. The next POP!..may have been the Square D breaker tripping ..or it could have been me hitting the floor. (I'm a little fuzzy on that one.) I do know the last POP! I heard was my spincter....at least I'm puddy sure. Well...gott'a lot of mess to clean up here. Primer/roller/pipe&pan went flying and I apparently put my foot thru the east wall in one final tremor. Need to do some laundry and peel the cat off the kitchen ceiling. Hmmmpf! Just another day in the life of The Oldfart....
Serena

Am hoping you've recovered a bit by now. I do like your warnings!
I've got one of those light "fixtures" in my bathroom. And dangle they do.

Maybe you could try one of these on your next Kilzing escapade:

http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/