DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder to set your clock head one hour when you retire Saturday night. Spring issss coming!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Demolition

Thanks, another tip is:
You won't lose an hour of sleep, if you go to bed an hour early.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Greg

Well, the way the weather in the North East is today sleep should not be a problem!!!
Rain, freezing rain, and 5-8" of snow forecast. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Well Greg,

I don't envy your weather but I am sure not getting alot of sleep with the constant tornado warnings that we are getting.

Today I had the local station on...no beeps, no warning, then the cell phone alarm ring tone sounded off, National Severe Weather Service notification..tornado warning...looked out the window of the master suite, wind blowing like crazy but the sun is shining. By the time I got 65 feet to the other end of the house it was sideways rain and the wind was going in the opposite direction ...big ole black cloud coming our ways from the south...no tornado thankfully, but am certainly getting tired!

I have lived in this area 13 years and never do I recall as many warnings as we have had this spring. There have been a few touch downs. My son had one go over the top of his home yesterday, thankfully no damage...

Yanita
Greg

Glad you are coming through OK. At 6:30 tonight we had a snow/sleet/thunderstorm that lasted about a half hour. I don't think I can ever remember that combination before. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Yep

Hard freeze scheduled here tonight.

Lots of wind and rain last 2 days.

Tornado warnings last 2 days.

Lots of cleanup tomorrow.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Yup,

Lots of clean up here as well. Just can't see doing it until this weather is over. I did go and rescue some deck furniture that got thrown around and some other pool side furniture.

Typically we would not uncover the pool till the middle of next month...well the winds did it for me today. Sooo, we did rescue the destroyed cover.

Lots of tree limbs everywhere and debris from whoever...will hopefully get good weather soon to get everything cleaned back up.

We have a loblolly pine about 80 plus feet tall that sits across the driveway at the end of my car port...well there are alot of limbs down from that..tomorrow the whole dam tree might come down. I don't own it, a farmer does...but if comes down towards us, it will certainly take out the kitchen, dining, foyer and livingroom!

The winds are very strong again tonight, and with all the rain that tree is almost sitting in a very wet ditch. As you know in the south the trees have tendency for the roots to remain shallow and grow further out, thus when they topple root base and all come up.

We have our granddaughters tonight and generally they sleep on the sleeper sofa. Not tonight! Removed the mattress from the sofa, did some creative rearranging of the master suite and they are all in there. This way if the tree comes down the hopefully will not be in harms way, and if we get another tornado warning or touch down I can throw them in the master shower...another long night in the Carolina's!

Have a good one everyone...I am glad the time rolls AHEAD an hour! Don't mind losing an hour tonight.

Yanita