Cost of living in a MHP

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Serena

The thread on the future of the mobile home and a couple of PMs spurred this thread. I keenly read what the folks work on who have their MHs on their own land.

Here goes:

I pay $380 each month for a lot in a MHP. It is the safest, quietest MHP in the entire Metro area. The others cost more, have smaller lots and lower standards for maintenance, landscaping. This MHP is completely owner-occupied, so the standards here are better. We pay an extra fee to have the yards maintained, unless one does his own.

One of the RVers told me that the lot rents here are the price for renting the MH and the lot where he comes from.

Anyone care to chime in here? I'd be grateful.
Silver Bullet 00

I live in MHP in Kodak, Tn. with views of Lake Douglas and the Smoky Mts. The MHP has paved streets and curbs, two paved parking places and street lights. I have approx 80 ft on each side to my neighbors and 40 feet in the rear. We all do or have done our yard maintenance. We all pay our own water and electricity, each home has a septic system. I live in a 28 x 60 Fleetwood DW. I moved in Oct 1998, rent was $200, it was increased two years ago to $210 per month to help the owner pay for the security fence the surrounds the 80 home park. I looked at every park in this area prior to moving and still have not found a better MHP in this area. Anyone interested, Panorama Pointe is the park name.

Hi, I don't see mobile home manufactures diminishing, here in this park they are putting in new homes everytime someone here passes away and the requirements for the replacement is a double wide only and new and they don't stay unsold for very long.

I live in a senior citizen park, no kids allowed very quiet I'm only 49
but single no kids so it OK, 60/40 rule as long as there is 60% 55 or older it is consider a senior citizen park.

My home is paid off so no mortgage pmt, rent here is $335.00 only goes up $5 a year due to local rent control.

Water is free paid by the park, $50 for trash (4 large Trash bins locate center of park)

Gas bill $12-15 in summer $40 in winter, electricity for me about $75, Hi-speed internet and cable TV $100.

Park has a pool.

So no complaints here, good cheap living at it's best!
Harry

Hi

I lived in a park in south Florida. Overall it was a nightmare.

I am not good at living so close to people.

In Florida a lot of MH parks are being closed to make room for condos.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?