Daytona 500...

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Well the win alluded Tony again, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Sucked to get the white flag and not the checkers, but he should of stayed put and not dropped to have Kyle push him, lost it on a bad decision.

Woo Hoo for Ryan Newman!

Well, Dale got ninth, and Jimmie and Jeff didn't do well at all.

I was amazed at the way these cars don't get turned around, there really was no BIG one as we used to call it.

All in all real good race, lots of lead changes!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

Hey Harry,

Forgot to ask, did you get your chores done?

Yanita
Harry

Yo

Yep them restarts can be real hairy.

I got to watch the races.

However my bride reminded me my do-list is plenty long.

Tomorrow the MD is allowing me to mow with the riding lawn mower for the first time 103 days post op. She marked it on the calender.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

LOL Harry,

Hubby and I each have our "honey do list"...I try to get mine knocked out on Saturday and hopefully finished up before the green flag drops. Now granted hubby's to do list is a little tougher than mine, although don't fool yourself I am pretty hands on around here.

Hubby is not an avid fan such as myself, he watches the first 20-25 laps and the same at the end. Today I had him out at the "girls house" fixing the roof. The girls house is actually a concrete pad with a pole barn style roof over that. It currently gets used for our wicker furniture and the girls (our granddaughters) kitchen play sets and all that goes with tea parties.

He needed to raise one side of the roof cause if you are on the pool deck you could potentially hit your head on the roof. Hard to explain but maybe one day I will get pictures up.

Mowing the lawn huh, well that is never on my list. I did get the honors of buying him one but am not allowed to mow the lawn. I get to maintain all the flower gardens and the water garden, which I did this weekend!

Well till next weekend!

Yanita
Jim from Canada

It was a good race except for the ending. I saw where Tony and Kyle went different ways and lost their draft. Those damn dodges didn't do anything until the end where they got it in the pit stops. I don't like the green white checker, should be a few more laps in there. My Hendrick boy's didn't do that well, Jeff, Jr., Jimmie, and Casey will have to step it up! lol. The new car looks like it will make for an interesting season. The Toyotas look strong! I can't help but rooting for Tony! A 3rd is still good

Jim
Silver Bullet 00

The only other Dodge driver I would of like to have seen win would of been Kasey Kahne in the 9. Who wants to see the rice burners win a race, especially a member of the Busch family. There was a time that 500 miles was an endurance race and engines would give out, but now, engines run forever and long races get to be boring especially at the longer tracks. Only good races are at Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville and even Atlanta, action tracks. Lets face it most of us watch and wait for the big one and when it dont happen the race is a bore. All we do now is wait for tires to blow to cause the wrecks. For two weeks all we heard and watched was Hendricks against Gibbs and in the end it was Penske and the Dodge boys. Now that the season started off wrong according to all the racing analysis, who will they predict for the next race?? Let me get off my soap box till next Monday.
Harry

Yep

Good point on the engines. Were there any blown engines during the actual Daytona 500 race?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

I do not think there was, I know that Gordon had a broken front suspension part. I know that Jimmie was caught up in a wreck, but not sure why he was so far back to begin with. Unfortunately Track Pass would not let me sign in, missed all the driver talk.. :x

To Bullet,

Oh, and I don't get wound tight about rice burners..when able I also enjoy watching the truck races, and several other motor sports...lots of good racing.

Yes I like the short track racing as well, and I also include Concorde Speedway in that list...BUT, I enjoy the road courses as well! For me watching the races is not at all political, American vs. Foreign, it is strictly enjoyment.

Yanita