Where could the MH serial number be located?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Serena

Anyone know where the serial number of my MH might be located?

I'm trying to track down the history of my house and it would help to have the serial number.

Thanks much!
Harry

Hi

Lots of MHs have a data sheet glued near the fuse/breaker panel....like inside the nearest pantry/closet .

Also the VIN is stamped in the frame at the end of the MH.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

Also if you own it, it should be on the title and/or insurance policy.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
mokehillannie

We purchased a double wide on a lot and we couldn't find any numbers. There are none on any thing the county has and the person we bought it from inherited it so he didn't have any info either.
Dean2

They do'nt happen to consider it like a stick-built home in Your area do they? That might negate the need for serial #s and any info attached to it that way.. Are You taxed as a mobile home or regular?..

Here mobile homes are taxed the same no matter the age,,,by sq ft that is.. I pay the same tax for My place as I would for a new one. No assessments..

Dean
Dean2

Hey mokehillannie,,You got the coolest name in the world! I always liked the name annie and mokehill just resonates cool! Nice job!

Dean
Yanita

Hi,

As Harry said in a previous post the VIN of the home is stamped on the frame. It will be there regardless of all else, might have hard time though if there is alot of rust.

If your home is aluminium siding there might be a metal plate on the back of the home, the opposite end from the hitch this will also have the serial #, a doublewide will have 2, same numbers just ends with A or B.

Look in closets, cupboards and electrical panel box...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Serena

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I do appreciate this forum very much!

I haven't found anything on the outside or inside of my MH yet.

The no. on my title is listed on my bill of sale as the I.D. number.

I thought it was a model number.

I did finally find a VP at Fleetwood who said that Fleetwood made Broadmore in the 1960s. Am still looking for history and a spec sheet on my little house.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Where I live MHs are taxed in the same category as automobiles. It's not bad for me because mine is so old. It's high for the newer models and for RVs.
mokehillannie

The county looked for the number on ours so it could be taxed as an improvement instead of a vehicle. I don't know if they ever found it. I guess I'll find out when the tax bills come out next year. LOL

Dean,
Annie is what my Mom always used to call me and Moke Hill is short for the place where we have our legal residence. (Mokelumne Hill) Hence, Mokehill Annie.
garrett_reukauf

Another place you could look is underneath the MH itself, on either of the two "I" beams that run the length of the home. My MH has the serial number welded/engraved on the front right and back left frame rail. My MH is newer than yours of course as it was just purchased and installed last Oct.