Blizzard Photos

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Finally our blizzard has moved on. What a week. In one week, we've had 2 winter storms and 1 blizzard. We've had enough! People have had enough. Lots of crabby people.

Below is one picture from the back of my house. You can see more storm pictures in my profile. Just click to my profile by clicking on my name. Then click the 'view pics' link found underneath my mug shot. Then click on one of the pictures and use the slide-show function to see the rest.

Mark

You can't fail if you don't try!
ebinfo
Site Admin

reminds me of what happened to me about 2 weeks ago or so.

had to drive my aunt for hospital checkup, but once i reached the hospital, snow storm occurred, stranding me there for 2 days straight.

when i got back home the entrance was looking much like yours, except with about 2-3 feet thick of snow that i got to shovel before even thinking of running the car into the carport.

Steve wants sunshine. NOW! :P
Maureen

We got the first few snow storms, but the blizzard missed us here. Tahoe and Truckee got hit pretty hard though. Great for the ski resorts and tourism!

Yeah, I'm ready to retire the snow shovel for the year! We've had a mild Winter, but shoveling for a week straight is now fun!

Maureen 8)
Sylvia

DH's brother is the postmaster at Tahoe Vista. He'll have to ask him about that. :) I guess that's the price for living in paradise.
Maureen

Hey Sylvia!

Small world! I'm only about 30 miles from Tahoe Vista! I lived at North Tahoe many years ago, on the Nevada side, Crystal Bay. I'm up there all the time for weddings all over the lake, both the Nevada side and the Cali side. The North side of the lake is still my very favorite. I like the little hide aways everywhere... so cool! My piece of heaven is Lake Tahoe, there's just nothing like it anywhere, in my opinion!

Contact him soon LOL! Our temps here are going up this week! The North shore has really suffered this year. We've had a very dry year. These latest storms were about it for us this Winter! I was bragging to Yanita that I hadn't used the snow shovel much this year, and then the snow started to fall! All I had to do was open my big old mouth! That was 2 weeks ago. We still have a bit of snow on the ground, but that will be gone if temps rise this week.

You're right Sylvia, for some of this, this is paradise! I've got the best of both worlds. I've got desert when I want it, and breath taking Tahoe, 30 minutes away. In my world, ya can't beat that!

Maureen 8)
Sylvia

Maureen, actually all of my family is nearby too. I'm a fifth generation Grass Valley girl. All of DH's family is in the area too :~)
Maureen

Oh My Gosh!

I've got tons of relatives in Auburn, Nevada City, Sac and some in Placerville! I'm always traveling over 'the hill'!

I love Grass Valley!!! I love the farmers markets down there! They are just now staring to come up to Reno and Sparks with their produce and fruits. They attend the Farmers Market in Sparks, on Victorian Square and some also hit the market in the Village Square in Reno

Small world huh!

Maureen 8)
Jim from Canada

We got hammered here...we are just off lake Huron so we got the lake effect squalls and high winds and -30 C temps. OK, I believe I've had enough winter! Wood stove kept us snug tho!

Jim