Help! Can't get into my car!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

gram2logan

I went out this morning to go to work and my doors are frozen solid on my car. It's only 1 degree above zero this morning and it was raining last night. Oh well, looks like I'll have the day off. :wink:
Stop talking before people stop listening!
SpongeBob

This doesn't really apply to frozen car doors but it is interesting and it DOES work. For cars that have keyless entry, if you happen to lock your keys in your car, AND if you happen to have an extra keyless set at home, you can call home and have whoever answers your phone puts the other set of keyless to the mouth piece of the phone and presses the "unlock" button, then your cell phone that you made the call on will unlock your car door.

-Bob
Koiflowers

When I lived up north, I would pour very warm water over the lock and heat up my key. Course when it's bitter cold the water freezes almost on contact. Does the deicing stuff you shoot into the lock work?

Woodywoodpecker:

I read several threads on keyless entry. Lots of debate about whether it will really work and I've never tried.

However, the receiving cellphone has to be on speaker phone so offending car hears signal. And others insist the phone at home has to be a land line, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Have you tried it?
SpongeBob

Hi, I did try it with my Jeep. Yes, just as you say it was my wife who did it a with the hard wired phone from home. I only went to the walmart parking lot 1/2 mile away...but it did work. I imagine this won't make locksmiths too happy. If you try it stay close to home !LOL .
-Bob
Yanita

Hi

How do you lock your keys inside of a keyless entry vehicle. With my car I have to have the remote to lock the car when I exit.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
SpongeBob

Hi, the Jeep has traditional buttons on the door panels that can be locked only manually. It also has an electronic button near the power window buttons. If you hit it accidently, you're locked out. Or in, depending what side of the door you are on!
-Bob
Greg

After you get into it, spray the rubber door gasket with either silicone or WD40. this will repell the water so it doesn't freeze. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Demolition

I use a hammer. I always have the drivers window down anyway.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
garrett_reukauf

Demolition wrote:I use a hammer. I always have the drivers window down anyway.
Hence the name... "Demolition" :lol: