Need to....

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Practice what I preach...

Thought something was wrong with my newly installed heat and air unit. Got pretty chilly in the house..went to check the thermostat...

Well to practice what I preach means, I tell all of you to replace the batteries in your thermostat along with smoke detectors etc...every fall.

Well I now know where those 2 extra batteries belong...and I do have heat without the expense of the HVAC tech rolling in only to replace the thermostat batteries!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

Yanita,

With Maureen's health issues keeping her out of the picture, nobody reminded us of 'national check your water shut-off day!' It's on that day we also remind folks about smoke detector batteries. We could easily add batteries for things like wall clocks and thermostats!

For those who don't know, twice a year when the time changes, we promote 'national check your water shut-off day.' Overall, we believe that more water damage is done to homes than fire damage because people do not know how to shut their water off in case of an emergency. On 'national check your water shut-off day', we remind people to find their water shut-off valve and make sure it works. And then make sure all family members know about it.

So next time the time changes, we'll hopefully remember to make an announcement.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Mark,

Your right, I dropped the ball. But hey, I can't remember everything. Obviously, LOL, I forgot my own batteries!

Sorry,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

10-4 ..... I think I'll do mine tomorrow plus buy a new set of fire extinguishers.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Demolition

Good Call. Those water shut-off tools can usually be found at the hardware store.
The shut-off tools are good for in the winter if, heaven forbid, a pipe busts from cold.
And in the summer if a garden spicket breaks from being rough. Ants like to play in the Water Meter Box so the shut off tool makes it safer.
We had a dog, a Boxer who wanted a drink from the garden hose faucet. He didn't have hands, so he just bit the faucet and took it off the wall.
Then he got a drink.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town