NASCAR

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Yo

Looks interesting:

The network will premier "Dale Jr. – Shifting Gears" Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. on ESPN2.

The 5-part series will give fans a behind the scenes look at Earnhardt’s move from Dale Earnhardt Inc. to Hendrick Motorsports.

Harry

PS: Yanita - is Tony driving a Toyota?
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

YUP!

He sure is, along with team mates Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch. With this line up of hot heads it ought to be an interesting year. Last I read Kyle was the fastest in testing in Daytona for the Toyota's. Glad Joe Gibbs is back, he helps keep the teams attitudes in check. Gonna be interesting with Tony and the Shrub. (Busch)

I have already heard alot about Tony changing to Toyota, the whole Non American issue. Well Toyota has been in the truck series for years as well as other motor sports. I like Tony as a driver, the make of the vehicle is unimportant to me. So with that said and out of the way LOL, yup, still a Tony fan, toy motor and all! He has a championship in everything he has raced.

The season has not even begun and I am already tired of the Earnhardt hype. I certainly wish him a good year, but I don't think for a minute that Gordon nor Johnson are gonna give him a thing. He will either race it hard or not be there in the final dirty dozen!

Have you been checking any of the sites. Got some changes coming this year..as if we couldn't expect more of that. Some of it is for the best though.

First all outside tires being removed from the cars on pit road must be hand rolled back to the wall. To many tires are getting away from the crews.

Another pit road change is the crew can no longer push the car more than 3 pit boxes from their own. No more pushing them into traffic basically.

NASCAR is also reviewing the penalty systems, going to revise some of them as well...seems when Montoya and Harvick got in to a little pushing match on the track neither driver was handed out a monetary fine, yet Tony Stewart was penalized for saying a minor cuss word..to the tune of $25,000.00.

Oh yeah, all monies collected from penalties this year will go to a charity instead of being given to the drivers point funds, think that's where it was going.

There also a new change in the teams that are not in the top 35 in points. These drivers will now race against each other to qualify their times/speed to get into the race.

Gonna be hard to catch up and know who is who this year, alot of teams have new colors, switched drivers, sponsors on and on.

Checked out the new cars, personally I like the looks of the COT, well guess we can't call them COT's (car of tomorrow) any longer.

Well not much longer and the 2008 season begins...WOO HOO... finally get Sundays off again!

Look forward to seeing who we have on board this year that are NASCAR fans.

OK friend, wishing you a good evening,

Yanita

Hey, you got your NASCAR count down clock on desk top...22 days 15 hours 36 minutes 09 seconds :lol:
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

Hey Robert,

I agree with that!

One of the rules I wish NASCAR would implement is easy... if and when your team is caught cheating, and have won the race..to bad you lose, your points go to the second place driver.No owner points or driver points, maybe then the entire team will work as one.

Yeah Robert, that one we agree on, still trying to slap that taste out of my mouth as well!

Yanita
Jim from Canada

Well, my money is on team Hendrick. What a triple threat. Although, I won't be sad if Stewart takes a checkered flag. Still like him as a driver.
Harry

Hi

This year for Daytona we plan to drive over do some people watching, check out the vendors, buy a couple of t-shirts then come home and watch the race on TV.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry and other fans,

I too would come home to watch the race. I have alot of friends that have gone to the big tracks, they were not impressed, can't see squat on the back stretch without binoculars. Now this is only what I have heard, I have not been to one.

I have been to a few tracks and thus far I love Lowe's Motor Speedway..not the name LOL, just the track. Big enough to get some great speed, small enough to give an entertaining race.

NOW, I do bring the binoculars...we always sit in the GM section, 13 to 15 rows up,...LOL, generally a straight shot across the infield to Tony's pit box, been that way every time we have gone. Just luck I guess. Love watching when he pits...

LOL, last weekend I cleaned out one of the closets...came across the card board cut out of Tony...will get him set up for the first race. Friends always get a good chuckle when it's standing next to the tv!

Yanita
garrett_reukauf

Yanita,
Where and when is the best time to get tickets for the races. I have never been to a NASCAR race. I would imagine the tickets are prolly pretty fast to go. I live about an hour from Bristol, and about 3hrs from Lowes MS. I'm sure the kids would love to go too.
Do they have gen admin ticks at the window on the day of the race or should i check online and get them in advance. I was looking at the World of Outlaws in Oct, I like the "dirt" track experience, seems alot more thrilling so to speak. But this kind of a trip would be for the kids so I wanna make sure its something they will really enjoy.
Garrett
Yanita

Hey welcome to the MHR NASCAR group!

Who's your favorite team?

Bristol, would love to go there myself, and many, many of my friends...that track the last I heard had almost a 3 year wait...seems once you get your tickets your in from year to year same with Charlotte. Once you get your tickets and go to the race, then you will know if you like the seats. If so and you think this might become a yearly excursion the track will send you your notification for the following years race. About 6 months prior to the race. Basically you get first dibs on your seats, decline them and good luck getting them back.

If you are interested in going to the Lowe's Motor speedway in May then you better be calling ASAP to see what there is available.

I can give you several tips on making it much cheaper for yourself once you are at the track....the last I was there a beer, which can only be purchased by the bucket, 4 beers in a small plastic bucket with ice was 12.00! A paper cup that is all ice and 3 or 4 swallows of drink (pepsi, mtn dew etc) will sit you back a couple more bucks...

You can either get your tickets online or get them from the ticket office, I always use the ticket office...Lowe's motor Speedway 1-800-455-3267. LOL, have your credit card ready and be sitting down! Do not get seats on the back stretch...those are the 39.99 specials...you will hate it!

Whatever track you decide you are going to you can go to NASCAR.com and find the track and then the seating charts in relation to the track configuration.

If you like motor sports it is a blast! Not anything like TV...

Yanita
Silver Bullet 00

Hi NASCAR fans, I've been following the races since 1984 as a Bill Elliott fan and now a loyal Kasey Kahne fan. Bristol is without a doubt the best track to watch a race, next favorite is Richmond. I had season tickets for over fifteen years to Richmond but never could get one for Bristol, someone has to die first if you are to get a ticket. Your best bet for Bristol is to go to the Busch race on either Friday or Sat nite. The larger tracks ie: 1-1/2 mile to me are not half as good as the shorter tracks. You miss to much of the action, better to watch them on TV. Atlanta is another good track for viewing a race. I have a room dedicated to NASCAR and my Elliott/Kahne collection. Glad to see there some NASCAR fans in the forum, this is the month for all the action to get started.
Yanita

yup!

And it's all about to begin soon!

Would just like to remind everyone that participates in the NASCAR threads, we do not tolerate in appropriate behavior, you are certainly welcome to speak your piece, but there will be no sarcasm and arguing. If that should happen I will immediately lock the thread. Get sick of the actual racing forums for just that reason.

OK fans, we have so far fans of the Hendrick's Team and the Gibbs Team, who is every ones favorite team?

For me, as all you others know its definitely the Joe Gibbs Racin all the way!

Yanita
Silver Bullet 00

Back again. Are all you NASCAR fans aware of www.Jayski.com for all you ever want to know about the latest racing news. Best site I ever found, enjoy.
Yanita

Hey Bullet,

Yup, I love that site! Seems like they either changed it or rearranged it sometime last year though, I can't find "Kangaroo Court" anymore. That's was always good for a few extra laughs.

Hey do use use/subscribe to Track pass?

Yanita
Harry

Hi Garrett

Going to a NASCAR race is a big "happening". Lots to see. Take a camera. The kids will love it.

Harry
Harry

Hi

Did ya see the Daytona 500 ad during Superbowl halftime?
Really cool.

Harry
Yanita

Hi Harry,

Nope, sorry I missed it, was in the kitchen...well FOX sure has dropped the ball on this broadcast! Makes me wonder how much of the races we are going to miss.

If the Patriots are gonna take this they better come on, the clocking is ticking down.

Yanita