Fools Walk in Where Angels Fear to Tread

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Hello

My knowledge of decoration is -20 degrees.

Today I read Yanita's and Koiflowers postings about decorating styles... traditional, conventional, Victorian ...as I recall.

So in an attempt to learn I asked my bride in what style our home on wheels was adorned. She calls it "Early American Flea Market".

Later on I saw her at her PC looking up furniture. OH boy!

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

LOL Harry,

If you want to keep your marriage happy stay out of the decorating process!

IF you think you want to learn the different types of decorating styles then do a little research on your own, asking the wife might imply that you hold in interest...interest + man = money, not input, only your wallet.

Early American Flea Market...LOL, I love it. I personally am attracted to the older stuff. I am not a new and shiny person. Love stuff, although Hubby calls it something else, LOL.

In all honesty I appreciate all decorating, in my mind every home should reflect those that live there, not a pro designer and her ideas and likes.

Here are some decorating styles that you can look up...

Shabby Chic
Country
Country Cottage
Victorian
Contemporary
Prim
Tuscan...certainly after you look up those you will be bored to tears. This is just a partial listing of the various decorating styles!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Koiflowers

Harry

Pretending to care. Stay away from Victorian proper. That requires a pair of 100-year-old bifocals and white opera gloves perched ever so daintily on a lace doily under a $1,000 Tiffany lamp on an eighteenth century ball and claw-foot table.

Once the mobile home gets rollin down the road, it's lace and doilies flying every where, claw-foot scratches on the new $1.50 sq. ft. laminate, new wife screamin for ya to slow er down. Just doesn't work in our mobile world.
Harry

Hi

Is there an official style called "Nautical / Fishing Shack".

Here in rural west coast Florida our nearest towns are Crackertown and Yankeetown. These are fishing towns. So I hung an old fishing net on the wall in the living room and added some local fishing stuff. I like it fine.

My bride says each room can have different decor. We'll see what happens to my fishing stuff.

Harry

PS: Have you heard that song about the gal who decorated their place like a bar so the ole man would stay home?
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

And lets not forget about the all too popular "you might be a redneck if..." look. included in this would be your choice of plastic or wood picnic table in the diningroom, (too)many used mis-matched furniture in the living room, and the ever popular non working appliances on the front porch and scattered about the yard.
Somehow I just KNOW where this thread is headed!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Harry wrote: Later on I saw her at her PC looking up furniture. OH boy!
LOL Harry. Get the check book out! Maybe you got contemporary Ikea in your future.

Like you, I got zip for decorating but we have the same tastes. I was allowed to do the decor in our Arizona Room Patio. I put up the fish net and stuck in a bunch of starfish, driftwood, moss and some of those Japanese float balls. I installed pine tongue and groove wainscot and stained it with a solid gray stain, but wiped it off to make it semi-transparent. A beach picture, a couple of Offshore Angler plaks, some fish, a pelican or two and a big pink flamingo completes the look. Has a Cape Cod feel. Looks OK, but I got lucky.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Ok Greg

You know you're a Redneck if the house of your dreams got stuck in traffic!

Harry
Koiflowers

Nautical Fishing Shack

When I first started lookin around for a man in my small town, I just wanted him to have teeth. The more the better. And if a few of them were in the front, I figured he was at least worth an audition. I understand you spit your snuff out through the missin teef.

Well the man I finally hooked lives on the water and I think nautical fishing shack starts like this

A little chew, a tooth pick to keep the tooth clean, tequila to freshen your breath and a little shack on the side to please your lady.

Course, we just keep that stuff around so his friends feel welcome. This is where we live and love. And home is anywhere the heart is.

Yep, the Nautical Fishin Love Shack is right on the water, and the little mister even promised me we'd get a real front door before spring rolls around and the gators come out of hibernation. He says "Koi Baby, as long as the ducks are swimin out back in the fishin hole the gators ain't gonna git yer gibblits.

And heck ya those tires are holdin the roof down and that cinder block's throwed up there for good measure. We get rip roarin winds tearin cross the lake!

Well the little mister's hollerin for me, so I gotta go.
Last edited by Koiflowers on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Site Admin

You all are too funny. "Early American Flea Market' takes the cake! LOL.

Quick Harry, take some 'before' pictures. Then when your wife is done decorating, then take some 'after' pictures -- and I don't mean the pictures of you crying in your beer. LOL

Koiflowers -- teeth in a man. Gotta have standards, don't we!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Koiflowers

Easy for you to talk, I'm lookin right at you and you got a whole mouth full of teeth. Here in deep East Texas, we're just hoping for some upfront teeth. Just enough to keep the smile from looking too disturbing.
Harry

Hi

The gals around here don't seem to care 'bout teeth, hair or belt size.... as long as you have job.

Harry
Yanita

ROFL this Sunday morning,

Hey, you guys forgot the requirement or added bonus of a drivers license.

Yanita
Koiflowers

Yanita

Good Grief, your man had a car?

I live in Deep East Texas. What does ROFL stand for? The Roof-Overs Finally Level?
Yanita

Hi Koi,

Well I didn't say he came with a car, actually came with a truck...

ROFL, mean Rolling on floor laughing..or ROFLMAO, means Rolling on floor laughing my @$$ off!

Everyone have a great day!

Yanita
Greg

Well, as predicted this train fell WAY off of the tracks!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."