Our turn now

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Greg

Well Maureen, it's our turn. Our son CJ is being deployed Saturday.
He is part of the 1200 National Guardsmen from NY going over to Afghanistan for a year.
He is headed for Ft Bragg (your neck of the woods Yanita) for 2 months of specialized training, then off to Afghanistan. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Barb P

Greg, please tell him that Barb from NY is proud of him, and thanks him for his service.
BarbP
JD
Site Admin

Hi Greg,

Proud and concerned at the same time I bet. My deepest appreciation and respect to him as well.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.

Could someone please tell me what became of the scheduled Iraqi troop pull-out that Bush was so proud of last year? Between Greg and Maureen's recent posts and what I hear from friends with children in the service, things seem to be escalating rather than winding down. I just spoke to a veteran who is scheduled for a THIRD tour next year, when we are supposed to be well into handing over control to the Iraqis.
SpongeBob

HI Greg,
CJ is one of the reasons we proudly display old glory every day. God bless the USA and those who serve her!

-BobImage
Harry

Hi

Good Luck to CJ and his unit.

I appreciate them everyday.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Robert

Greg,

Give CJ our best wishes and tell him THANK YOU !! He will be in our prayers for a safe return along with his entire unit.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Hi Greg,

As a parent it is a proud and uncertain time. Please let him know that we are proud of him and all our military personnel!

Will keep him and his unit in our thoughts, and please keep me posted on how he is...Aunt Yanita is not far from Ft. Bragg!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Demolition

Hey Greg, Tell your boy we are rootin for him
and praying for him and all his buddies.

David Dinwiddie,
Submarine Machinst Mate First Class, USN Ret.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Greg

CJ, Erica(girlfriend) and Sandy

CJ Left last night for Ft Bragg. I showed him the post & Your replies, He wanted me to thank you for your words & thoughts. Greg
Yanita

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the pic and happy that I could talk you through uploading the pic...when, I can't do it myself!

Handsome man!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

And for those of you that know me sense of humor, I just could not resist posting this one of my 4 yr. old grandson. He had all he could do to keep his head up with out falling over. He did help ease some of the anxiety GregImage
Koiflowers

My heart goes out to you, because my son is home on leave and "returns" to Iraq early Monday morning, to resume his 3rd tour and I'm reading your post and wondering if I can quit crying before he comes in and catches me with red eyes. Thank you for posting your pic.

Now to cheer myself up, I'm going to reread OLDFARTS post about those fat ferrel cats. I read that post to hubby last night and I was laughing so hard I had tears leaking out of both eyes. Way to go old fart!
Koiflowers

One more thought. I resisted getting a myspace page until my daughter set it up for me. Now I get on myspace and chat (IM) with my son in Iraq for hours on end. Those boys and girls over there have computers and internet, or they borrow some time on a friend's computer. One night JD and I talked for 6 hours. When I said "you have to be getting tired of talking to me" he said "no way, it's the hi-light of my day!" They miss us so much when they are over there. I post pics of everything going on around here, and he looks through them and posts comments. He hams it up and posts pics of him flexing his muscles and goofing off, posing with his buddies that have been with him on all three tours. He has a family over there too.

Just wanted to let you know that you can talk to your deployed loved ones through the internet. They love it as much as we do.