Property Tax in Tennessee

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Silver Bullet 00

In the state of TN, if you live and rent a lot in a mobile home park they tax you annually on your home, wooden decks, heat/air unit and storage sheds. All being called improvements to the owner of the land property and taxed as real property. The owner of the land pays the tax on his land and you the home owner pay on your home and all improvements as listed above. Is this the normal procedure in other states?? Thanks for any replies.
SpongeBob

Welcome to the Forum Silver Bullet00,
Here in new hampshire all that you said applies, except for the renting of the home. Here all those taxables you mentioned only apply if you own the home but not the land.

-Again welcome aboard!
-Bob
Harry

Hi

In Florida if you rent the lot and own the MH the MH is considered a motor vehicle and you must register it every year. Below is a photo of the registration you must post in the window facing the street. A double wide requires 2 registrations.

The owner of the land pays property tax on the land and the improvements.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
wes

personal property tax in kansas. pay for the same items.
Yanita

Hi,

In NC if the land is rented the owner of such pays the taxes on that...decks, sheds, home you pay the tax. Unlike Florida you do not have to register the home with DMV, just pay your taxes to the County Tax Dept. If you do not own the home (still financed) then the DMV retains the title until paid for.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Manitoba Bill

In my Municipality (read County), individual owners have to pay a flat tax of $35 a month regardless whether your mobile is worth $20,000 or $90,000.
We do not get any deduction from our ind. fed taxes like stick built owners.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]

My mobile home park is a cooperative. Every mobile home owner purchases a share of the park along with their mobile home. All taxes are included in a monthly "park maintenance fee" (currently $170) that also covers water bills, snow plowing, rubbish pick-up, etc. Monthly shareholder's meetings are held as are yearly elections for park officials. Home owners are provided an itemized list of expenses incurred by the park annually and it is to the penny. I consider myself quite fortunate to have found such a well run and organized park in which to live, as this is not the case in many other parks in this area.
Greg

This will sound strange, but I wish NY would let the lot renters pay the tax, THEN I would have enough to write off on my income taxes. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Demolition

In Arkansas, the dirt is Real Property and the Mobile Home is Personal Property.
Real Property is taxed according to the county and the school district you live in.
Personal Property, mostly just automobiles and mobile homes, is a rate based on the assesesed value of that item.
In Arkansas, the assessed value is 20 percent of the retail / bluebook value.
So a $10,000 mobile home would only be taxed as a $2,000 mobile home, then you pay a percentage of that.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town