Dirty Politics?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

SpongeBob

Well, all the candidates, volunteers, & staff have left our lovely state quite a mess. Regardless of their political views, I wonder where the common sense comes in? They took their time to meticulously place about 10 million candidate signs in every inch of snow bank to be found around the state, but now the candidates & staff are all gone. Guess what is left behind. Talk about litter! Signs scattered about the state like political graffiti. Hmmmmmm...there ought to be a law. Just thinking out loud here.

-BobImage
Greg

I have always thought there should be a deposit paid for signs, just like soda cans redemable after the election. Then there would be a good reason to clean them up. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Demolition

Next Time pressure them to make ONE campaign promise.
To clean up all the mess before they leave.
Anyone who don't will be screwed in the next state they go to.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Manitoba Bill

After our elections, signs have to be removed after a set time.

But heck, most of them are made of corrugated plastic. I grabbed some Coke signs from a gas station, painted them white and now use them to cover my solar collectors for the summer. LOL
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
JD
Site Admin

I ended up with a sign from a bond measure for our zoo. I work out of my home, and sometimes the delivery trucks have a hard time finding me. So I put my business name on the bond measure sign. Works pretty good, but the sign is in the shape of an elephant.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Around here the signs have to be removed within so many days after the election, if not the owner of the sign does get a littering charge...$250.00 per sign. Whether it has ever been enforced I do not know, but I do know the signs are removed in a timely fashion.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
SpongeBob

I know a couple of politicians that I would like to see "removed in a timely fashion."
Everyone have a great day. Temps are a bit more toloerable today, so the dog and I need a good walk.Image

-Bob
oldfart

Folks I just had to laugh. Asking polititons to "clean up their messes before they leave"!!! HAW!HAW!HAW! Requireing them to keep even 1 campaign promise? HAW!HAW!HAW! ROTFLMBO! Remember folks... we're talking about polititions here. If there is a lower class of parasite in our midst I haven't met it yet. Heck, even elections baffle me. Yer gonna vote out one [expletive deleted] lying, cheating [expletive deleted] worthless money grabbing [expletive deleted] blue-nosed [expletive deleted] taxpayer supported [expletive deleted] politition and replace him/her with their twin? Is there a point to it? Call me jaded...I stopped voting 20yrs. ago. Audie...the grumpy Oldfart...
SpongeBob

HI oldfart,
I can just imagine how outspoken you will be someday when you learn not to hold back. LOL.

-Bob
Greg

That's why I think a deposit, $$$$$, gets their attention! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."