I'm Still Kicking... Sort Of!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Maureen

Hey Guys,

Yes Yanita did email me and I promised her that I would post during the holidays. Well, geesh! Both boys home, Christmas, New Years, football and family took everything I had left in me. I had quite a few days that I spent horizontal on the couch entertaining. Warren was in charge of most of 'spread' this year. Actually, all the boys helped out too! I had a few good laughs out of that, but it all came together and was perfect! How could one more time having the whole family together not be perfect?

Daniel arrived at midnight Dec 19th from Ft Knox. Ryan arrived on the same flight 24 hours later. I haven't been up that late in a few months. All of the friends had to work late the night Daniel came in, but the next night we had an whole pack of friends with us. I had to run in and grab Ryan first! He said he didn't even see me or his dad at all and all of a sudden I was there! It shocked him. Ryan left at 12:20 am on the 3rd of Jan. and we did a turnaround to get Daniel to the airport at 6:15 am on the 3rd. It's taken me a few days to recoup from no sleep and yeah, the storm that hit!

As far as the storm went, we only got 18 inches... no real biggy! Except Warren tried to get his car out and it's sorta stuck in the driveway right now. I still have to use 4 wheel to get out, I have no idea what he was thinking.... I'm playing taxi right now. As most of you have heard the little city of Fernly got hit hard by floods. They are about 30 miles East of us. The major artery of the Truckee river that feeds Lake Lahontan runs in back of these newly built homes. The channel that feeds it is over 100 years old. This channel floods at least every 10 to 15 years. This land used to be farm and ranch land up until 10 years ago. No one even told these folks that the channel existed! I really hope they hold the developers and builders responsible for this mess! Yes, we live in the desert, but we are in the high desert. We are subject to just about any type of weather! We are all surrounded by mountains. At anytime, we are subject to at the very least flash floods. Any native Nevadan has flood insurance.

Back to the boys! Ryan is being fast tracked in AIT. He graduated Ft Benning BCT Nov 20th. They have him tracked to graduate AIT almost 2 months early. He had another phase up test last night. We're waiting to hear how things went. Daniel is due to graduate Ft Knox as a Cav Scout in 2 weeks! His next duty station is going to be Ft Hood, TX.

I won't bore you with a bunch of photos, but I have to show off my soldiers in uniform and one photo with Warren's new toy! A monster BBQ! The boys have been saving their nickels and dimes!

Maureen 8)

[/img]
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
JD
Site Admin

Hi Maureen,

Really great to hear from you! Sounds like you are doing pretty good to be able to keep up with all of that. You must be really proud of your boys (men).

That was some weather we took on here in the west, eh? It does not snow down here in the valley, but 90 minutes east of here, you are at 7,500 ft in the Sierras where they were getting 5" of snow an hour at times. We got some rain here and I guess we got some more coming maybe tomorrow, but it wasn't the storm of the decade here in Fresno as they were predicting. But cities close to us did get a lot more rain.

Again, really good to hear from you Maureen.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hey Girl!

Glad to hear from you and thanks for updating the members. Have been watching the weather in your area..thankfully you did not get hit like a few years ago. The national weather is talking about Fernly as I type.

Well girl, thanks for the update and hopefully I will catch you in chat or email,

Have a great day!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Good to hear from you, You sound like you live around here "18" of snow no biggy" Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."

Nice to hear from you. Maureen. I hope this means you're having less trouble with the keyboard and we'll be seeing more of you.
Mark
Site Admin

Hey Maureen,

Nothing better than family home for the holidays, eh!

I read a lot of old Western books, and the books mention the big weather changes in dessert areas. Back in those days you get up in the mountains in the late fall, and you could be stuck there all winter if a sudden snow moves in.

Anyway, good to hear from you.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!