Applying for a Statement of Ownership and Location (SOL) ?'s

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

betty_joanne

Applying for a Statement of Ownership and Location (SOL) ?'s
Does anyone understand this. We have already moved the trailer and just found out i think we have to do an sol.
We bought the trailer as a land/trailer combo listed as real property. The trailer and land is owned outright and no liens on anything. We have the title.
The trailer has been moved and will now be personal property since i don't own the land.

I think we have to do this one but not sure:
Owner of record transferring to a new buyer – Home Changing From Real Property to Personal Property
• Application for SOL - Blocks 1 (check “Revised” and “Other” then write “Ownership”), 2, 3, 4a, 4b, 5, 6 (check “Personal Property”), 7, 8, 10a and 10b
• Satisfactory evidence that any liens on the land have been discharged or that all lienholders have consented to the change.
• If the applicant is not the owner of record with the Department, satisfactory proof of ownership under a complete chain of title (authenticated copies of all intervening transfer documents, a court order confirming ownership, or title insurance policy in such owner’s name issued by a title insurance company licensed to do business in Texas.
• Tax Lien Release – Provided by the tax office for the release of any tax lien recorded with the Department (verify on website)
• Habitability inspection required, provide map to home with a contact name & daytime phone number (NOTE: Inspection requirement waived if Real Property election was not perfected)
• $55 SOL issuance fee
• $150 habitability inspection fee (plus applicable mileage and per diem charges)
• If the home does not have a required HUD Label or Texas Seal, Form D and $35 per Texas Seal

Trailer is not habitable yet(moved to raw land and waiting on electric and septic to be installed).

If anyone understands any of this can you please help me out.
Yanita

Hi,

I personally have never had to do this...but on the upside we have several member in Texas, hopefully one of them can answer your questions.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Sylvia

Have you visited the county treasurer's office? They should be able to help you.
betty_joanne

I did e-mail the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs and i am waiting on a reply from them. Wonder what they are going to say about us having already moved the mobile home. We just found out about them.
Good news is i put the label number for the home in at their website and now i know for a fact the square footage and make and model of the home. Yeah.