Tempurpedic bed.

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

As some of you know I bought some furniture on Pennysaver USA. The bed I bought was great also the Sealy Posturepedic mattress is very comfortable. But I was wondering about the tempurpedic foam mattress I've seen on TV and how expensive they are.

Well I found a few sellers selling these on Ebay I bought the pad that goes over your existing mattress, since I mostly sleep on my back they recommend a 3-4 inch thick, same material Visco-Elastic Memory Foam you seen on TV.

All I can say is WOW!, it's like sleeping on a cloud and no more back pain and for cheap, if you don't win the bid they will make you a second offer they got so much.

I got a queen size for $40 second chance offer for a 3 inch and it's the most comfortable bed I been on also bought pillows with the same material. The foam pad needed to be trimmed to fit the mattress, defected part was trimmed away came out perfect.

Thought I share this with you if you have any kind of back soreness or have trouble sleeping this is it!

May need to find bed sheets that have deep pockets to fit over the mattress with the added foam.

Example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-KING-SIZE-Memory- ... dZViewItem
Yanita

Hi Jim,

I have a Tempurpedic. They are costly, but for us it was the best option after Hubby had major back surgery.

What you have is a memory foam. My friend has one and likes it, but says it does not compare to the real Tempurpedic. A couple of the differences would be is yours is a mattress pad cover opposed to a full thick mattress. Any pad/cover has no choice but to conform to the shape of the mattress.

I have other friends that bought the Sleep Number bed, I still have my Tempurpedic, and they own a set as well. Within the first year the noise of the Sleep # was not tolerable and the back pain persisted.

If you where to have both "foam" materials present and squeeze each one you would really see the difference.

But hey, I am all for whatever makes you comfortable. A Tempurpedic is definitely an investment, like I said I think we got ours about 3 years ago...queen size, medium density...a little better than $2000.00, that's not a head board, foot board or railings, that just the box and mattress.

Enjoy what you have. But, I do recommend a Tempurpedic for those with back, leg, shoulder whatever types of aches/pains. They are an investment though. If you happen to have a Tempurpedic dealer in your area, grab some reading material and head on down, kick off your shoes, lay down and read awhile! Our display floor had several beds set up, some where watching TV others reading. Our salesman encouraged us to spend at least 1 hour on the bed...

I believe there is a past thread about this in the Archives...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

I have a sleep problem and a back problem. My sleep doctor said he had a Tempurpedic so we bought a real thick queen (not a topper)....the whole setup.

Best bed ever.

We love it.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi Harry,

Glad to see you posting..yeah, we just love ours and I really like the no flipping of the mattress every 6 months.

Larry has a sleeping disorder as well, he sleeps longer periods of time now, BUT, what I really like is no squeak and no movement of the mattress from him getting up and down all night.

Yanita

I know the full mattress is a lot better than the topping but for the fraction of the price you can't beat the comfort. I feel a lot refresher and absolutely no more back pain just thought I share this for those who can't afford the real tempurpedic.

I guess I should have done a search on the topic if it was discuss before.
Sylvia

I started with a tempurpedic pillow to see if I liked it. We ended up going with a mattress set almost just like the one we had previously which is a traditional pillow top but in a king size. The tempurpedic gets kind of hot and hard, at least thats how it seems to me.

I do use the pillow occasionally. But normally use my regular down ones.

One of the big (and reputable) discount furniture stores here in New England has been selling their own version of the Tempurpedic bed for a while now at about half the cost of the original. You might be able to find a store in your part of the world with the same type of deal if you want a complete bed for a lot less.

http://www.mybobs.com/catalog/bedding_v ... &set=pedic
Yanita

Hi,

If I remember correctly there are 3 different density's of a Tempurpedic, and yes one of them was way to firm for my likes, that's why we got the middle density.

A true Tempurpedic does not retain heat, trust me if they did Hubby would of sent ours back within days of purchase. This foam, was designed by NASA for the space shuttles.

We have the pillows as well. Both the traditional shape and the formed type. Personally do not care for the formed type, but again, it's a matter of what you like and don't like.

No need to apologize Jim, as I said in my earlier post, I am all for whatever product makes a person comfortable. We never realized what a "good nights sleep" really was till after the Tempurpedic. If you can wake up in the morning with the pain gone or greatly reduced then you got yourself a deal regardless of the make of the material!

Trust me our sales person had to work hard to "sell" this bed even though Larry's surgeon recommended it. Better than $2,000 to me is an investment. But, when you have $80,000 in titanium in your back, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
PennylessZ28

I love it! Best bed in the world. That bed, plus my electric blanket, I hardly ever want to get up out of bed.

I mean serious, its perfect in there between the sheet, why would I drag myself up out of it to go to some job I don't like? Crazy I tell you.

:P
Sylvia

Yanita this is a true tempurpedic, at least it says so on the label. I am a pillow flipper though and think all pillows get hot.

BTW it's the one with the odd shape. I've never quite figured out how one is supposed to lay on it. Maybe I'd like it better if it I did?
Yanita

Hi Sylvia,

The formed pillow...where the hump is at the bottom of the pillow ( the thickest area) that goes under you neck, your head is cradled in the hollow of the pillow.

They take some getting used to. I use mine when my neck and shoulders get so sore that I need to "realigned" everything.

Yanita
Harry

Hi

The wife does not use her Tempurpedic pillow (she loves the mattress) but I use mine.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

LOL Harry,

Thanks for the link, can always rely on you for that and more.

Appreciate it.

Yanita