It's been a long time!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Busybee1952

As some of you know, I have been so busy working on this trailer, repairing and getting ready for this winter that I have not had time to do the things I love. Last year, I remodeled the larger bedroom so that I could have a place to do my sewing and then barely got to use it.

I like to make tied quilts out of blue jeans and other scraps and today, I have completed the first quilt I've been able to make since last year. Thought some of you might like to see it!

My best friend's daughter was married this summer and so this lap sized quilt will go to her. I have 2 more in the works besides! Sure feels good to have water and heat and life back to normal!
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Yanita

Hi BusyBee,

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

So how is your home doing after all the upgrades and repairs?

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Busybee1952

Everything is great Yanita! I'm warm and snug and planning more improvement projects for next year such as painting the outside of the trailer. At least, I will not feel so overwhelmed by painting as I was with replumbing and re-doing the entire underbelly. My tool collection has really grown and I even know how to use most of them. It sure didn't start out that way early this year.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
sherry

hi busy bee,
I love the quilt. I'm a quilter who doesn't have time to quilt much anymore. I know how time consuming they are. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading about your creative projects. You strike me as a person with boundless imagination and a can do attitude. Keep it up--it inspiries me!
Yanita

Hey Pat,

Glad to hear that it is more comfortable than seasons passed. You certainly have worked hard so enjoy the fruits of your labor!

That quilt, did I tell you that my livingroom is shades of olive green, chocolate brown, creme, some antique gold colors....I can give you the master bedroom colors if you have time LOL.

Anyways, glad to hear that all is well...

Oh yeah, that pallet fence came out looking pretty good as well.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
klm9707

So pretty. Wish I had your ambition. Keep up the good work!
Ellasmom

Oh my goodness.. You didn't choose the name BusyBee for nothing!! You are amazing!! I am a quilter myself, but haven't quilted since 2001 when my first daughter was born. I used to belong to quilt guilds, and swaps, etc.. OMG.. so much fun!! I was just always afraid to have the pins and needles around the babies.. But my baby just turned 2 now.. So maybe I can get back to quilting once I get in my new home. Thanks for the inspiration.. That quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I also love that you tied it!! What did you use to tie it with?! Embroidery thread? I've neever done a tied one.

Best of luck!
Jenny