moving home question. Other icky question.

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

betty_joanne

So the doublewide i am moving has been split(marriage line bolts out, some siding off and some roof shingles off. It is only split less than a foot and only really open up top.
Anyways it has been like this since Friday. The person doing the moving has proven to not be reliable and does not return calls. I am hoping that the home gets moved today but we will see. There is 30% chance of rain on Tuesday.
Is there a good way to cover up the marriage line so no water gets in?
Also, one of the workers pooped in the toilet when they split the home and put the wheels and hitch on. Problem is there is no plumbing hooked up and well it is just sitting there. Nasty. Once we have the home moved it won't have plumbing/electric for 30 days(new raw land and on waiting list for electric company). Any solutions to the poop problem. DH says they probably peed in the toilet as well and it is probably just sitting in the pee trap. Some people are just nasty.
Also, i totally didn't think about the movers removing shingles. Should i expect them to nail new ones back on or do it myself?
Harry

Hi

A bucket of water will flush the toilet.

Is the drain still hooked up? If the drain is disconnected let the toilet drain on the ground and work on the mess there.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
betty_joanne

Any suggestions on how to keep the rain out.? The trailer movers did not show up yet today and aren't returning calls. The marriage line is open and siding off sides.
I have the plastic sheeting 6mil that was supposed to go under it and i guess i am going to have to use that. Pretty expensive at $70 a roll.
Harry

Hi Betty

The "blue tarp" I bought for our DW cost $130.

I keep a "blue tarp" in case a hurricane blows the shingles off.

What's with your home movers? Sounds like some dead beats.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

Go ahead and use whatever you have to cover up the openings of your home, including where the siding has been removed and the shingles.

When your home is reset the movers should replace the shingles needed when they re attache the home. BUT, your concern now should be their lack of communication with you and the untimely delays in moving your home. Read your paperwork agreement well and make sure all things have been covered and written in.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Demolition

I don't know how it works in your state.
In Arkansas we have the Mobile Home Commission.
If this is a Licensed Mobile Home mover, you can file a complaint with the State Mobile Home Commission.
Everyone with a license has to be bonded and you may be able to recover some costs. Also, call a local mobile home dealer and see who does their moving.
Dealers usually have reputable people moving their new mobile homes and can hook you up with a good installer.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
betty_joanne

We did finally get it moved. It is on the property and set up. Thank goodness that part is over.