Redneck Antenna is Up!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Busybee1952

This antenna pole is made from 3" pvc pipe and is 16 1/2 feet up into the air. It is fitted over top of a 1 1/4" steel fence post which has been pounded down into the ground 6'. At the top, there is a wooden rotar which is operated by nylon cords which secure at eye hooks toward the bottom. The photo is bad because it was getting dark so you can't see the guye wires (orange binder twine) that anchors it to a neighboring post and the garden fence post. It's the only place on my property where you could see through the trees so it's actually about 150 feet away from the trailer. The antenna itself is bolted into a 3" tree branch which has been stuck down inside of the top of the pvc and allows it to be turned as well as keeping it from popping out of the top. It works!

The real trick was getting it over the post and up in the air which required the help of my sister, nephew, and his wife. We put the ladder on my nephew's truck and he walked it up while the rest of us gently eased it up with the binder twines that were attached to the screw eyes I had sunk in the pvc. We steadied it after a certain point while my nephew came down the ladder to guide it onto the post so it wouldn't slam down. This is the way family gets stuff done!

Total cost for this project was less than $10.00 since I already had the pvc pipe.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Yanita

Good morning Busybee,

Another creative project completed!

So how does it work, are you able to watch tv now.

With all the projects you have completed this past summer hopefully this winter you can sit back, be warm, not have freezing pipes to contend with and watch tv!

Have a great day!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Handweaving

Hi Busybee,
Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ketta

Nice job busybee! I look forward to creating all sorts of redneck-inspired inventions once we have a piece of land. Heh!

Handweaving, I just drooled all over the loom in your avatar. Can't help myself around weaving goodies. *sigh*
hvac1000

Since it is a metal antenna and pvc pipe did you ground the metal antenna for safety to a copoper ground rod driven into the ground?

Other than that looks good.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.