Oct. 7 and 88 degrees in Michigan!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Busybee1952

After finishing painting the access door, I decided to rake leaves today since I'm trying to make a yard out of this forest of oaks and maples. Man, it was hot! I was dripping most of the day but improvised a little resting spot with a trick I learned when I lived in Mississippi. A little more of my redneck side showing here. LOLImage
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Yanita

LOL, whatever works to get out of the heat and take a break!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

Today in the Dakotas we had more normal temps of high's in the 50's. Suppose to be back in the 60's tomorrow -- heat wave for us! We'll take it as some years we're tromping thru snow by Halloween.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Harry

Hi

Still short sleeves and miniskirts here.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

LOL, love your response Harry!

Here in Eastern NC it is about 25* warmer than average. Ughhh, had to turn the AC back on last week, looks like it will be on for at least another week.

Typically this time of year I get as many as 6 weeks without heat or air, not this year. We will probably go from summer to winter in hours!

LOL, am actually looking forward to this winter, curious as to how this new Goodman packaged unit heats, hopefully alot less gas than the MH unit used!

Have a great day,

Yanita
lucasboy

It's a sunny 88 here in Northern Indiana right now. Todays the last day I guess.It's supposed to be 74 tomorrow & 56 on Wed.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck all
Greg

Well, My gamble to recoat the roof didn't work as I had planned, the temps were SUPPOSED to be in the mid 70s last weekend, perfect weather, Sat. morning had to wait untill almost 10 for the roof to dry off from the dew, by noon it was 85 and I had sweat pouring off of me. I finished the first coat by 3. at 3:30 the sky opened up and poured for a half hour.
Sunday went a little better with the second coat, didn't rain untill almost 7:00 !!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

This is a beautiful time for us here in the Central Valley. This year, our summer weather turns off like a light switch and we have been fluctuating between 70 - 85 for highs. We have cool nights, but typically we have that in the middle of summer too. We go to Las Vegas and Tucson often. It never seems to cool off there at night through the hot months. We mostly have cloudless skies for now.

Our winter will be starting in a month or two. We will see some rain, but not a lot compared to other areas. We get about 10-11 inches a year. We get down to freezing sometimes, but just barely and not for long.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi

Just got a news bulletin that a cold front is on the way. We'll have 60s weather at night and 80s weather in the daytime.

Out comes the electric blankets and long pants.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

With the weather getting ready to break another heat record sure would like fall to come! Predicting temps in the high 90"s by noon, so we can count on triple digits latter in the afternoon.

Greg, that's why I never gamble, LOL, if it is a 50/50 guess I still get it wrong.

JD, North Carolina sure would love some rain, our water ways are getting terribly low. Water restrictions are being announced daily for several areas. Sounds like your winters are very much like ours, although we do get snow on occasion.

Harry, yup, we are suppose to cool off by the end of the week I think...and maybe some rain. Daytime temps in the high 70's nights to the 50's, still wearing shorts around here!

I never really want or look forward to hurricanes or tropical storms, but I certainly wouldn't mind a slowly moving tropical storm right now. Everything is dying and you can only water so much! None of my fall gardening has taken place yet,...so much to do and yet the weather is not co operating!

Yanita
Greg

Well Yanita it wasn't so much a gamble as what time is left before the cold starts. It was too hot most of the summer to be up there so this is what is left. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."