Dang! It's Snowing Outside! Time To Winterize!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Maureen

OMG! I've lived here all my life and have only seen small amounts of snow fall between April and November. Maybe there really is something to this global warming? Anyway, Warren came home tonight and asked about the forecast. I told him slight rain if any in our area. Rocky needed to go out, let him out, he was wet when he came in the house.

I just let Rocky out again. While doing that I looked out the back door. It's snowing heavily!!! We were at 80 degrees yesterday! I made a huge point to take time to water the plants today..... ugh! I let Rocky back in and had to dry him off. We have a good inch of snow on the ground already! That was an hour ago, it's still coming down! Thank goodness I had enough sense to pull both the boys cars up and out of the drive way this week! If I need to plow us out, we have a straight shot at it!

At the same time, I have so much more to do before Winter!!! Man, I'm going to be working long hours out in the cold this year to get us ready!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Ketta

We just finished a rush to finish installing a couple of new windows, trimmed and calked on the outside, and even primed and got the first coat of exterior color on...all to beat a long spell of predicted rain. Of course, where I live rain's not anything out of the ordinary, but we haven't had any for a while, and predictions are for a couple weeks of it.

So, yesterday as we were sitting inside grateful for at least one project completed to the point of less worry, we heard really loud metallic bangs outside. Hail. In September. We typically only get hail like that (long spells of it, not just a 30-second dump) in the spring.

I'm hoping for an 'indian summer', I still have a long list too. Good luck with that snow..yeeesh.
troyster

Got to get my home winterized if it ever stops raining outside!!!! sigh