Welcome back Yanita!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Busybee1952

Hope you had a great vacation and can't wait to hear about it!
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
JD
Site Admin

Yanita went on vacation? When did that happen?
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Thanks Busybee, and you to JD! :D

Got home early Friday morning. Was a long trip but alot of fun. Saw family and friends that we have not seen in a long time. The day we got there we had a family reunion to go to. Ummmm, lots of good northern foods I forgot about.

Had a great time checking out some of the new antique shops that have been established. Brought home a few goodies. Went to several local Farmers Markets, now have lots of the items in my pantry, Vermont Maple syrup, Cabot sharp cheese, natural casing hot dogs in the freezer, tons of vegetables from relatives gardens, homemade jams, jellies and marmalade's. Good eatin till its gone!

I will share one thing that I did while I was there...you grinning JD...When I lived in Vermont I guess I just took for granted that all rivers and streams are clean, free of water moccasins, lots of stones to use to step across the rivers.

Well I decided that I wanted some Vermont river rock to bring home to place around my water garden...it's a fairly long road to get down to the river, very narrow, and lots of brush hanging into the road. There's deep pot holes that I am navigating around and still trying not to get to close to the edge and have the car slide down a bank on both sides. Come around a sharp corner, going real slow, the car is creeping along under it's own power...there's a big dip in the road...the sun is reflecting off the hood of the car into my eyes and my new NON glare glasses, but the sun is still glaring...did not see this huge rock sticking up in the middle of the road! BANG...a big BANG! Thought for sure when I backed off this rock to check it out that I was going to find engine oil, transmission fluid...something all over the ground, thankfully the car was centered enough that it hit a cross member underneath, and I learned that there is a skid plate underneath there as well.

From then on I decided to walk to the river, went stone stepping across, watched the fish, and collected a bunch of river rock, placed them in the trunk way up near the back seat area and covered them with other luggage. Hubby never knew till we got home and he unloaded the car...can I say not impressed!

Took the granddaughters to Santa's Village, what a great time that was! Spent the whole day there, riding all the rides, and playing with reindeer. Of course the girls had to fill out there wish list for this year.

Anyways, we had a real good time except for the travel up and back, white knuckle driving on very little sleep both ways! But we made it so all is well.

Oh, I apologize for not responding sooner, but since I got home I have been fighting (literally) pc issues. Gotta love people that use your computer and change all the settings......none of them for the better of the machine!

Take care everyone.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

OK, so is it safe to say you won't be stopping by on your way back??? :) Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

LOL, Greg!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

Hey Yanita! Glad you had a great trip! Sounds like you all had a blast!

I'm LOL at the river rock! Right now, we're so dry out here that we can drive right into the rivers and pick up rock. That's what 83 days with out any precip will do! Some of our rivers are down to a trickle right now. Wish I had more time, I get much more rock! I've got enough for large accents in the flower beds.

Glad the car wasn't damaged in your quest for river rock!

I can relate to sitting in cars for hours! I like traveling in cars to see the sights. I'm one of those that loves to stop at different areas and I love to look at scenery! But I can't handle sitting that long anymore.

So cool that you had the grand daughters there also! You have no idea how lucky you are to have the kids around you. As the time gets nearer for the boys to leave... I just can't imagine a silent home!

Password protect your computer, it's always worked for me and I have 2 boys that know computers well. They can't boot my computer up at all :D Love them, don't trust them!

Take a few days to recoup! You always need a few days to get back to normal after a road trip!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
bilbar25

Glad you had a good time Yanita.

But why this time of the year...after all...you can't get "Sugar on Snow" in August !!!!! :wink:

Yum-yum !!

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Yanita

Hey Greg,

So sorry we did not stop...traffic was um... real busy to say the least.

LOL Maureen, yeah the river rock looks real nice in/and around our water feature. As I was putting it in place Larry would walk by and just shake his head...a smart comment, something like could of been expensive.

Oh, about the empty nest Maureen. I truly understand what you are going threw. The boys leaving for the service. I have a step daughter in the service.

Truthfully, although I spent a few years waiting with happy anticipation for the boys to get their own places, I cried like a baby for the first week each left home. Shut the door to their room, always worried. Are they eating, taking care of themselves, clean clothes, all the Mommy thoughts. And not to deceive myself, are they drinking and driving...what are they doing????

Around the 10Th day or so, hmmm, started finding things to do to replace the time...was easier than I thought, and now can't wait till the youngest is gone again. He came back after a short time away from home.

The Grandkids, oh yes. I take advantage of having them every time I can and sometimes when I would really just like to relax. I know that in all due time there will come a day when their Friends will take Grandmas time away, just a fact of life.

The computer, well, that was definitely an over sight on my behalf. BTDT and completely forgot about during the packing and prep for the trip! You can bet I wont forget again. As of yesterday I thought I had it fixed. All the pop up settings are in place but I keep getting a Blank Page, if you scroll over that tab it shows ERROR http://www.Skyblueads.com/bc/123kah.php, need to find out what that is about.

After reviewing the event log in McAffee it appears that the program was disabled the day after I left.

Well gotta go to the Docs this AM, started feeling really bad during the night, woke up feeling worse. Think it's the start of another sinus infection...woo hooo, the last one lasted 10 weeks!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Maureen

LOL! Larry's gonna look at that river rock and shake his head for the next few years! He'll appreciate it down the road!

Yeah, I know how hard letting go of children is. Did all of that with the older boy years ago! Maybe it's the fact that these are the last to go LOL! We don't have grandkids yet, so once the boys go, we're left with the dog! He's a geriatric at this point! It took us a 2 day ordeal to the vet just to get him his check up, ears checked, nails clipped and his rabbies shot! They over sedated him, it was a nightmare over the weekend! Rocky's doing well now, but Ryan and I slept with him out in hubby's car overnight Friday. We won't be going back to our regular vet!

The boys have stepped up their vacation time. They are leaving for Stockton CA tomorrow night. They're gonna spend a few days their and visit a friend in Tracy after that. Then they are off to Santa Cruz for a few days, next stop down South to Disneyland. They'll be back home for 4 days before they ship out.

It's really hard, when you know you aren't gonna have kids around for a very long time.. but! I have the paint pallet down for their former bedroom and the guest bath! I also have planned plenty of room for storing their stuff and moving the whole floral business in there! Since I don't have much spare time these days, designing this room will take up any of those spare moments that I have those heart pangs! If that doesn't do it, my grocery and electric bill will sooth those sensitive moments!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'