Reply, or submit?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jim from Canada

I post answers to questions and they don't show up. Why is there both a "reply" and a "submit" button? Which one do you use? and why is this so unnecessarily complicated?
Greg

Jim, sent it to AJ (new owner) He should give you a reply,

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark
Site Admin

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the confusion! Thank you so much for helping out here in the forums. It is certainly appreciated! Thank you also for bringing up struggles like this. I am totally unaware of this being a problem.

To help I first need to get an idea of when and where you are seeing this so I can attempt to fix it. Here is a link to what I see when I go to respond to a message.

https://streamable.com/zdvwk

What about this is different from your view?
You can't fail if you don't try!
Jim from Canada

OK, has something changed? Now on this thread I only see 3 boxes with "save draft", "preview" and "submit" on it and the blue background with white lettering "reply" is no longer there.....on this thread.
Jim from Canada

On the quick reply at the bottom of each thread I see a box for the reply contents. Under that are 2 boxes labelled "full editor and preview" and "submit". Below and to the left of that is a blue box with white lettering saying "post reply" with a white arrow also. I am not sure which to hit and a few of my posts I am not seeing, so I obviously hit the wrong one (and I never remember which one it is). Computers are not my strong suit.
Greg

I just hit quick reply, add my post then submit.
Preview is more for when you add attachments or pictures. it will show you what the post looks like, but you still have to hit submit.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."