Water main shut off crock

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

upinarms

Hi I live in a MH park and have froze up water somewhere??? My lines are inside but I think it is at the main shut off where the crock is. I probably need my heat tape changed. But the main shut off is engulfed in water and mud and manufacturer of heat tape says do not put it in the water and mud. How can I get the manager of park to get her maintenance men to clear out the crock area and put my shut off above the mess?? And isn't it true that the whole reason for the crock itself is to protect the water main shut off valve?? And shouldn't it be a much dryer spot to begin with? I really need some answers and am just today new to this forum. Please help!!
Greg

That is one of the main issues with living in a park. Most owners simply want a rent check every month and do nothing in return. Unfortunately the fastest & easiest way for you is to clean it out yourself. Heat tape only has a 5-10 year life span so you should PLAN on changing it before you have a problem, It is a lot easier to change in the summer months than when it is -20 with a wind blowing.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."