Mark's repair manual

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Hi there,
I've been interested in ordering this book, but I'm concerned that it is more relevant to the older units. By the descriptions I see in these forums, most of the homes discussed seem to be built substantially different from ones of my generation and it seems maybe the book is more targeted to that group.
Please don't get me wrong! I've learned a lot from this site and I am not trying to be snobby or put down the older homes. I would just like to know if the bulk of the info in the manual is relevant to homes built after the '90's.
Thanks,
Steven
hvac1000

No matter when it was built the Mobile home industry is about the same. There have been changes to windows,doors etc to modernize them but deep down inside nothing has really changed.

They are all on a metal frame and are available in different lengths and widths. Marks book deals in general mobile home maintenance and contains tips from his vast experience in the mobile home business as well as repair and restoration after damage has been done to the unit. It also covers everyday questions that a person living in a home like ours would ask.

The book is well worth the money spent just as a reference manual or as a day to day guide for the do it yourself crowd.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Greg

Steven, Mark's book is written in a genaric form, It is not geared towards any year or make. As hvac said it is based on what Mark sees every day. Well worth the cost. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

Mark's Manual is applicable to newer models as well as older models. It is a very good resource. The forum is another good resource. Getting familiar with the local codes is another good resource.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Maureen

Hi Steven,

As others have stated, Mark's manual is generic. But, it does hit all of the high points of owning a mobile home, whether that be a 1950's home or a brand new home! It doesn't matter whether your planning on doing the repairs yourself or hiring the jobs out. What it does give you is knowledge about your home that you won't find anywhere else! If you have to hire a job out, it will let you know the correct methods certain repairs should be done. If you want to do it yourself, combine the manual with forum. It's a wealth of information!

Here is the way that I approached buying our home. The more information I had, the better off we'd be. Mark has not only provided that information in his manual and the forum, but those really hard to find parts, etc. I've been here for around 9, almost 10 years and have learned so much about our homes!

The manual is worth it's weight in gold! But, when you combine it with the forum... it's priceless!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Susan

Steven,

I purchased Mark's book to guide me with repairs for my 1973 DW and it has helped immensely. That is, when I can borrow it back from my neighbor that owns a 2003 DW. They use it more than I do! (maybe I will buy them one for Christmas). It really is applicable to just about all models.

Susan