outdoor antenna

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

betty

I was wondering if anyone has an outdoor antenna, for those of us who cant afford cable bills, I need to find an antenna that will work! The ones I have in the house go in & out alot & it drives me crazy! SO what antennas work in a mobile home with metal siding (indoor or outdoors)& me being in the middle of farm lands (so in the middle of no-where basically?) I figured the outdoors would be the best reception & most channels available, but do I actually put this on my roof? My neighbor has one of the old outdoor ones & he says it works, but I dont know if it will work for me lol!
Any suggestions? Thank you.
Greg

If you are in a metal box, you are effectively shielding the signal since the metal will reflect the signal. You will need a good outside antenna and rotor. That way you can swing the antenna in different directions and pick signals from all directions.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
jpingram5

A lot will depend on how far you are from the towers. I tried using a pretty simple one:

Mohu Sky Antenna (Outdoor)

http://www.gomohu.com/shop/sky-hdtv-out ... tenna.html

Claims it's good for 60+ miles

Unfortunately I was too far from most towers to make it worth it for me. I only picked up about 12 channels which some were repeats.

First, go here and enter your location info in. This will bring up a map and tell you what stations are around you and show you if you can pick up the signals:

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option= ... 3&Itemid=1

You can get more depth with better Antenna's, but they will require quite some handy work and will run a bit more. This Mohu Sky Antenna was basically like installing a flag on the siding. Pretty simple and it claims you don't have to be directional with it.

But hey, good luck!
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80