It's funny how some people don't know what mobile homes cost

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

SoFlorida

Greg S wrote:
SoFlorida wrote: No, I really don't want to start trouble

That is the most common reason indivuales use to avoid being responsible for their community and the number one reason park owners are unable to maintain the standards of their community.
Residents then often blame the owner for the deterioration when in fact it is the residents own lack of responsibility.

The reality is that residents must be involved in their communities or live with the consequences. Owners do not have magic powers to make things right.
In a few months I will be more hands on. I just don't want to be deemed a troublemaker. I want peace with my neighbors. I don't really know who lives there and who are friends and who is allowed there, I think an adult can have someone living there who is over 18. I've seen a couple there that seems middle aged walk to their car. I like to follow the rules and I am having friends over soon so I won't let them park on the grass or street where they are not allowed. We have guest parking near the clubhouse, so they can park there and be ridden over here. Certainly if something egregious I will let the property manager know.
Greg S

Keep in mind the property manager is being paid to do a job. Part of their responsibilities is to insure everyone follows the rules. If residents do not keep the property manager informed then they can not do the job they are paid for.
Reporting infractions to the manager is not causing trouble it is your duty as a resident of the community to insure the manager actually has the information they need to actually do their job.
Talk to your neighbours and find out what they know about the problem residents.

I am a very strong believer in civic responsibilities and expect every resident of our community to step up and assist in not only maintaining the standards of the community but raising those standards as well. The stricter the community rules are enforced the happier the good residents will be living there.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
SoFlorida

Greg S wrote: The stricter the community rules are enforced the happier the good residents will be living there.
In a way I don't agree with this. Some rules are just made to be broken, or sometimes people bend a rule that does not really affect anyone or the community. I know when I moved in here they allowed me as long as my father was on the lease and contract to buy because this is a 55 and over place and I am 48.

Also they do not allow Rottweilers (or Pitbulls) here, I don't have pets, but my friend had the sweetest Rottie you ever met. His died but he got a new one. The rules say that a friend can't even bring their Rottie to your house to visit, but the property manager told me that she didn't really care if one came over to visit. You can't hang clotheslines, but right behind the clubhouse is one of those outside clothesline racks. I think BBQs are not allowed, but a few people have them in the backyard.
Greg S

There is a action or event which triggered the inclusion of every rule. Park owners do not enjoy enforcing rules and would not include rules that are unnecessary or intended to be bent or ignored. Some rules may be for legal protection of the owner, others for the protection of the residents, others to maintain the value not only of the park owners investment but also the home owners investment.
Regardless of the reason if a rule is in place it must be enforced or removed from the park rules. It is not for the residents to ignore rules they have contractually agreed to follow regardless of who says it is ok to do so.
When a individual signs an agreement to become a resident they legally agree to follow all the rules not just the ones they, or others, chose. No rule is in place to be ignored or bent.

The fact is that by ignoring the rules you have cited it is very likely other residents have been annoyed or negatively impacted. Every time a rule is ignored it affects all the residents and the community as a whole. The negative effect is not always immediately evident but it will be at some point in time.

As a example your issue with the rowdy neighbours likely had it's origin from the same decision regarding your admission into the community. Win/Lose.
It is like speed limit signs or seatbelt laws. Most feel that they can safely drive faster than whatever speed is posted, and do so, and that only they should be responsible for their own personal safety but the rules are there for very good reasons. They are in place to protect the innocent from the terminally stupid.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)