Do you have to pay property taxes for your MH lot?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

SoFlorida

and if so, if you don't mind saying how much is it? and is it on a lot or private property.

I just moved in, in August and it was $9.25 a month for property pass thru taxes, whatever that is.

Now it's almost doubling to $18.45 starting in January because of a new assessment. Out lot rent is going up $15 too, which is about 3%.
Greg

Well, on the plus side of it, with it broken out like that you can write it off on your income taxes!!

When I was in a park, they did not break it out.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
SoFlorida

Greg wrote:Well, on the plus side of it, with it broken out like that you can write it off on your income taxes!!

When I was in a park, they did not break it out.

Greg
So I guess it's better because they would charge you either way in the lot rent, so like you say it can be written off.
Greg

Any deduction at tax time is better than no deduction! Here in NY you search for anything you can find.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Norm Frechette

in the park i live in i think the property tax on the lot is built in to everyones lot rent.

i receive a property tax bill on my mobile home from the town i live. same thing for my car.
SoFlorida

Norm Frechette wrote:in the park i live in i think the property tax on the lot is built in to everyones lot rent.

i receive a property tax bill on my mobile home from the town i live. same thing for my car.
We have registration with our DMV and have to put the sticker out on the front window.
Norm Frechette

we also register our vehicles with DMV (all states require that) but we no longer receive a sticker for the windshield or for the license plate, just a registration card for the glove box.