Do you get a Home owner discount on auto policy?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

SoFlorida

I just called and they told me that they do not offer that discount for mobile homes.

Does anyone who rents a lot and has a mobile home get this discount?

All they told me was that I could bundle (buy more insurance) and get a reduced rate on the extra insurance. I don't want to spend more and I don't think they would insure my 1974 home. so the best I could do is get renters insurance.
Greg S

Contact an insurance broker not insurance companies directly. A broker will find a company that will insure your home and get the best rate.
There is no substitution for home insurance. I often hear of fund raisers for individuals that lose their home to fire and have no insurance coverage. I have zero compassion for those individuals that gamble on not having coverage and lose the bet. Most will say the can not afford the insurance but that is a lame excuse when they lose it all.
I recommend if possible that you get replacement value not actual value coverage. That way if you lose the home you will get a new one not simply the value of the old home.

On the other hand the home must be worth insuring in the first place. if the home is only worth a couple of thousand there really isn't much point in paying to insure it.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Greg

Shop around, if nothing else work the other way and find a company that will insure your home first then add the auto.

I had Allstate for years until my agent retired, the new one just screwed up time after time. I'm with State Farm now, still get multi discount.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
KLBoldon

I actually just switched our auto insurance to our mobile home policy to take advantage of the discount. Its a fairly sizeable discount. We go through Farmers.