First gig tonight!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

Other than Greg, I don't think anyone knows that I am in a band. Right now we are working as a 3 piece, still looking for the right drummer. We have done some Open Mic stuff around town, but got our first show type gig tonight at a party. We are actually opening for a band called Storm Cellar, My band is Adrojo. Here is our song list for tonight. Would you like this song list?

Midnight In Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band
Nutshell, Alice in Chains
Red Light, Jonny Lang
Killing Me Softly, Fugees
Everlong, Foo Fighters
VooDoo Child, Hendrix
New Jam, Original Adrojo
Listen To Me, Original Adrojo
Riviera Paradise (Instrumental), Stevie Ray Vaughn
Little Wing, Hendrix
Human Nature, M jackson in John Mayer style
Lenny (Instrumental), Stevie Ray Vaughn
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
bigedschukar

I like that song list!!! How did the gig go?
- Big Ed
Greg

Well, did you make any money, or get tossed out???

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

The gig went OK. Not our best. A lot of distractions and a technical issue with the guitar players effects pedal. We hadn't planned on needing a protective cage or anything. The free flow of libations made things very interesting.

There's not much money in my local music scene until you are at the very top. Bars pay $400 - $500 around here for Fri & Sat night. For a 4 piece band, that is hardly worth schlepping the gear, let alone playing for 3+ hours a night. We play because we want to play out. I think most other bands are that way too.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
ponch37300

That's pretty cool. What do you play? When the world tour opening date?
JD
Site Admin

I play bass mostly and then acoustic guitar on some songs. I actually picked up bass playing about 7-8 months ago. Kind of a joke with other band mates. I played guitar for 48 years, without being good enough to perform on stage, so I am a bass player.

Just amateur stuff for fun. Holding off on buying that bus and matching jet for the time being.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Greg

Holding off on buying that bus and matching jet for the time being.

Oh so you're hiding money? :shock:

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I did part with some for one of these. American Standard Precision Bass, Sunburst. Sounds soooo sweet, loving it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

ponch37300

You should do a video of your next gig and post to youtube. Who knows, might go viral!