What can you keep in an outside storage shed in a warm area?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

SoFlorida

I'm in south Florida and I wonder what items won't get destroyed in left in an outside shed.
bigedschukar

I live outside Houston, TX and basically keep anything I want in our shed. I don't keep things like pictures, electronics, or clothes out there and so far so good.
- Big Ed
SoFlorida

Thanks for the info, how about electrical items like a toaster or blender?
bigedschukar

Yeah I don't know about things like that. I can't think of any small appliances we might of had out there. I have some power tools out there that fair fine.
- Big Ed
ponch37300

I keep "shed" items in the shed, things like the lawnmower, snowblower, weed eater, gas, oil, lawn care stuff, shovels, tools, camping stuff, Christmas lights, some coolers, our bikes, pressure washer, etc. I also have a turkey fryer in there but that is about it for "house" items in the shed. Not sure I would keep household things in there due to bugs and stuff. Any particular reason you are asking about keeping toasters and blenders in the shed?
SoFlorida

ponch37300 wrote: Any particular reason you are asking about keeping toasters and blenders in the shed?
No, just curious as to what items would not be ruined out there.
JD
Site Admin

You can't keep a wife in them for very long.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
SoFlorida

JD wrote:You can't keep a wife in them for very long.
Don't have one of those. but what's the time limit on them for being out there? :mrgreen:
JD
Site Admin

Until they learn to behave! Oh man am I ever getting the hairy eyeball. <Just joking, dear..> I gotta go.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Norm Frechette

its not a good place to store chocolates! :lol:
JeffInFL

Anything that wouldn't be affected by humidity or long periods of heat. I'd think that any cloth-based stuff would get moldy. I always hear that cockroaches love electronics, but I'm not sure if that means stuff that's powered up or just things with electronic components.