Piers on gravel

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

oldtimer

Hi guys and gals.
The lot I'm on now has the piers on cement slabs with no rubber pier pads.
The lot I'm moving it to has fresh 2-3" of 3/4 gravel. Do I have to use pier pads or can the cement block sit on gravel. I cant afford the pads at this time.
Thanks
God Bless +
Thank you
God Bless
Greg

If the ground under the gravel was not disturbed you may be OK, if it was disturbed before the put gravel down I would be afraid of a settling issue.

What does the code for your area say? Here concrete is required.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
oldtimer

The lot had a mobile home on it before but the lot has been empty for awhile. The ground is hard. I really dont see anymore settling..
Thanks Greg
Thank you
God Bless
Greg S

As alluded to by Greg what is required is dependant on local code not necessarily what you can afford. Contact the local building inspector and they will detail what they require in regards to setting a mobile home. No doubt inspections are required so if you do it without knowing the codes you will be risking having to redo the setup following a building inspection.

I would doubt code would allow blocks without concrete or possibly PT 4 X 4 pads.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)