feed line

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

oldtimer

We are having our mobile home moved to another lot. It depends how close the mover gets it to the parks water hookup if my line will be long enough. Any recommendations on what to extend/replace the supply/feed line with. Not sure whats there now cause it's still wrapped up with insulation and heat tape.
Thanks
God Bless.
Thank you
God Bless
Greg

Either 3/4 or 1" PEX is what I would use. Remember the larger the supply line the more FLOW (not pressure) you will have available.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

You don't want to use PEx exposed outside of your home. Some parks may require metal pipe. It might be best to ask the park manager. In any event, it should be a quick and easy connection.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Steve-WA

My county requires pex as one of the options to meet county code. Funny that they nixed 1" black poly water supply line, and which is kinda, ahem, the standard.

And smoking weed is legal in WA now... For county code changers too I guess
JD
Site Admin

I believe PEx can be used most anywhere. It is just not supposed to be exposed to sunlight. Also, I have never seen it used outside in the shade, like under an awning.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.