Newbe

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

wannabeyooper

I am new here. My DH and I found a 1976 (think its a 76) MH. on an acre with a great garage. The MH is in pretty good shape considering the age. Mainly cosmetic fixes .needed. Needs windows soon, kitchen and shower facets, and new flooring The floors are pretty solid. Just introducing myself :D
UmpJJ

Welcome! You'll find lots of valuable info here, and lots of folks who have lived in and worked on all kinds of MH. Just start looking!

UmpJJ

PS Don't skimp on the replacement windows!
Greg

Hi & welcome, Take some time and look around this is a big site with lots to see.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
bobfather99

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, ask away.
Tip your bartender.....
JD
Site Admin

Hello and welcome!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Djstorman

Welcome, from one newbie to another.
wannabeyooper

Just ordered the book and downloaded the metel roof replacement booklet! It is snowing alot here don't want to do a roof now! I had a leak in my kitchen last night caught about a cup of water and it stopped thank goodness! We had a tiny leak a couple of weeks ago above kitchen window hit shovel on some ice and it quit? Could this be from ice build up? The ceiling tiles are maybe 2 feet wide but their length runs the lenth of the trailer and the ones in the kitchen are bowing in the middle. But it has not leaked ever since we moved here in April of this year. We also put two coats of the coating on it this summer so I am wondering what is caused the leak it has stopped now though?
bobfather99

Ice dams on roof edges can certainly cause leaks. If water cant run off the edge of the roof, it can sneak through any tiny little spot and drip inside. Id say for now do the best you can to contain any leaks, gently knock down any icicles/ice off the roof edges, and get ready for inspection once the weather gets a little better.
Tip your bartender.....