Shower/ Tub Surround

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

chrismc_us

Hello, we are living in a Fleetwood double-wide and over the last few months the shower/ bathtub surround has warped to the point that it now needs to be replaced.

The tub is surrounded by what appears to be plywood covered in vinyl sheeting. I am looking to replace this but I'm not sure what to look for and can't seem to find anything similar. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Greg

Hi & welcome. Any home store will have a universal surround 3,5, or even 7 piece surrounds are universal fit. Make sure that the wall you are attaching it to is sound.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

If you are looking to replace the paneling behind the surround, most any type of paneling will do. I often use the Thrifty White and Tileboard panels for this. I would not want to use these panels as the surround themselves, which is what they are supposed to be. These are like the old Masonite panels that would blister in the shower area. But with a surround protecting the wettest areas, these types of panels could last 30 years or more above the surround. If you want to use a vinyl clad panel and cannot find them in home stores, your local RV supply house should be able to order them. They are still a main product in the RV industry.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.