1988 Double wide - wall panel - wallpaper?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

loveoldtrux

Hi y'all --

Need to replace an inside wall panel - are these thin panels on the inside walls available at Home Depot; I just need a plain simple one as it will end up being wallpapered? Also would like to wallpaper the master bedroom - any ideas before I begin? Home Depot has got the pattern I want. I'm assuming just follow the direction?....
Greg S

If the original is vinyl covered drywall you can simply buy a replacement sheet of drywall at Home Depot. Most likely 3/8 inch depending on the home manufacturer.

As for wall paper clean the wall thoroughly first with TSP and clean water then follow the instructions.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
1987Commodore

If the panel is wood, you could use any 1/8" paneling.
loveoldtrux

Thanks 1987 Commodore. I had the PC JR instead of the Commodore :-)
Yes the panels are of some kind of flimsy wood substrate - looks like a wood panel but I'm sure it's just as thin as the manufacturer could get it. I'll take a sample to Home Depot off the wall as I just got my wallpaper samples and they look SHARP!! I guess they should at $45.00 a roll and I'll need quite a few for a 12 X 16 bedroom!!