Kitchen Sink - veggie sprayer

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jennafir

Hi everyone, Just joined. Ready to start on my first of many home improvements!

Was wondering what to look for to hopefully add one of those nifty vegetable sprayers into the kitchen faucet. I did notice there is a plug cover on the sink next to the faucet...I would assume the plug is covering a hole that could be used for a sprayer.. Underneath the sink, there are only two shutoff valves with water supply to hot and cold side of the faucet... So I'm stumped...

And if you haven't guessed. I'm not very experienced in home maintenance/improvement either!

Thanks for any help/ info!
hhb

Usually you have to buy a new tap set that includes the sprayer, and replace your current taps. The sprayer connection is part of the tap set as it's always under pressure.
jennafir

thanks for the info. I was completely mistaken thinking a sprayer would need its own supply line. after looking up various faucet repairs, i see that the water is supplied from the faucet... :oops:

i did warn that im not the handiest person around. :) I think i can handle replacing a faucet. I've just never tried...
hhb

Faucets aren't too bad, couple of things to watch for though; make sure you seal around the base of the new faucet with silicone caulking, make sure nothing leaks underneath and into your counter top. Also you may find a faucet wrench comes in really handy if you can borrow one (or buy one if cheap enough). Use the white teflon plumbing tape on your screw together water connections always. YouTube is handy for videos to show you how to do almost any job. Good luck.
Greg

Hi & welcome. You don't need to be super handy, just willing to learn.
My buddy Ron has a few Has a few videos on faucet changes.
http://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/how ... hen_faucet

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."