home inspection first time buyer

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

silkcity

Hi , I really thought I had a good deal on a 1978 new yorker , I am not a handy man , I drive limo's .From the looks of the community and the price of this unit etc I was sold on it. Then the inspection... brass fittings attached to copper , wiring code violations , on and on ... I learned a good amount $200.00 worth of what not to buy .
thanks for listening
silkcity
1987Commodore

Ummm----what?
silkcity

The 1978 new yorker is not going to be sold . the cat urine odor was so bad it needs total redo ..and my inspection $200. was well spent . You get what you pay for ..
I had another home insp. today on a similar home ,the same inspector ,and this home was in very good shape and worth the cost , same community.. I bought it ...
JD
Site Admin

Congrats on the purchase.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Norm Frechette

good for you. a good home inspector is worth his/her weight in gold.

good to hear you passed on the smelly cat one.
silkcity

thanks to all ... i'm sure I am gonna be on this great site prob. every day .. yes home inspecter was a local guy and wish I could advertise for him but not sure it allowed ..
How do you make 4 old ladies say f**k

yell BINGO