Well gear location

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

hhb

So, we just had our used mini home delivered yesterday, and are still getting things set up. I'm not in a park, I'm on my own land in the country and therefore have my own well (already here). The well has a submersible pump.

The home was previously also on private land in the country, but the idiots had a jet pump underneath the home, with some styrofoam and plastic surrounding it. I'm in Canada, think frozen pipes & pump. I can't imagine this is a good idea. I put "heat tape" around the well pipe before burying it, and will insulate it too going into the MH.

My question is, where do you locate the pressure tank and stuff? In mine, all the plumbing is basically in one spot, with the kitchen sink, laundry and bathroom fixtures all surrounding the water heater. But, as in most single wide MHs, there's just not alot of space. The area above the water heater is mostly empty except for a ventilation pipe that could be moved; is it possible to build some kind of rack or shelf above a water heater (electric 40 gallon tank) and put it all up there? Or is there some rule about that? Otherwise, where do people normally locate that stuff?
flcruising

Considering that the pressure switch and tank must be installed adjacent to each other, I think that will determine where you can place the tank.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Greg

Since you have an electric water heater you could build a shelf above it, but remember that sooner or later you WILL have to get in there to work on or replace the heater.

If you are going with insulated skirting you may be able to locate it under your home, or you could frame in and insulate an small area also.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."