Photo should I paint support poles??

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DCDiva

P7060004 (640x480).jpg
The color of the mobile home siding a tan--I painted the horizontal trim this color OR black like the window trim?? I really love the black it is so sharp. We painted my dd's mobile home,beside it the same blue as her siding,her trim is white and the support poles seem to disappear from a distance. The MH are flipped in the photos but you can tell the one TAN ONE I am asking about lol
Melissa In WV DCDiva
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg S

I would definitely paint them to match the siding in a attempt to help them blend in. They are not intended as a aesthetic trim addition to the home and for this reason should not be accented to stand out.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
1987Commodore

In my opinion, they should be painted to match the home, except for the one in front of the window. That should be painted to match what is behind it, eg: black where it goes over the black trim, white where it goes over the window itself. The porch poles and trim on the blue home should be white, and if you put a porch on the tan one, it should be black.
JD
Site Admin

I'd go with the tan. Nice job!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Norm Frechette

i think that with your experience in mobile home renovation, you may already know the answer to whether or not to paint them

i just wonder why the post goes over the window in the first photo? does it obstruct the view looking outdoors?
DCDiva

Thanks for all the advice, I still like others opinions on colors and designs as sometimes you are working so close with something--or too long on it lol-- that you miss things that are bright and clear to others not working on it :) And I count this forum as a friend to bounce ideas off of and as a true friend would I get honest answers.
Why is the post in the middle of the window--well... was not planed that way :) If you follow my post over the past few years, we totally remodeled my daughters MH that is next to this MH first BUT we did the roofs at the same time---then when we got to this MH we ended up tearing out all the walls, and totally replacing them, we ended up switching the windows location so we ended up with the pole in the window, no way to fix it as the boards meet on this pole :(
I am not sure if I covered all of this on my DIY blog yet but as we have worked for over 3 weeks of vacation to finish up the mh and still have a few details to finish this weekend --I hope we will be done soon so ready to rent it lol