I do not have a connection for a garden hose?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

KateDanielButler

Hi there,

I am new here, and we just bought our mini home, single wide, almost a year ago.
One thing that has been irritating me since we got the place, is that there is no connection for a garden hose!
We have our home on blocks, for now.
I am tired of having to hook up our hose to our sink, and it spraying water everywhere, when it decides to not want to seal all the way.
I am also tired of having bugs come into the house, while trying to water my garden, since I have to leave our door open to use it!
Is there anyone who has done this, or knows how to connect a line to have a tap outside to leave our hose out there, and to connect it to, so that I can turn the water on and off outside?
Thanks!
stevieb

We had a plumber put one in. The easiest way was that he went straight thru to the kitchen sink and put a tee in under the sink with a frost proof faucet. He also put one in on the line coming into the water heater.
bobfather99

StevieB's plumber did it the quick and easy way. Add a T on the cold side under the sink, and connect your frostproof fitting.
Tip your bartender.....
Greg

Hi & welcome. It's an easy job, You can "T" into any cold water line and add a faucet. I used the line at the kitchen sink, added a valve there then through the wall to a faucet. With an inside valve you can shut the water off and not worry about anyone leaving the water on outside, plus you don't need a frost proof faucet, simply shutoff & drain the line.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

or... you could T off of the 3/4" line before it reaches the water heater and use a 3/4" hose bib. That will knock some dirt off the driveway.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.