OK, we're moving...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Denise

We are looking at BRAND NEW Clayton's, Champion's, Palm Harbor's and Gile's. Would love to hear what your opinion's and supported facts are about any of these. Where do I look for unbiased information.

The '99 Fleetwood (DW) we have now needs a lot more repairs then either of us can do and we haven't been able to find reliable repair persons. Yes, we did call MH dealers in the area and asked for those that they use. (Scary thought when they are the ones who will be setting up our new one.) ONE guy came out to see about re-leveling walked through the house and said we didn't need re-leveling, just needed to fix the hinges on the doors. He snickered at the suggestion of a 'water level'. One of the men looked around and even did minor damage 'getting the full view of what needs to be done.' Then asked, "How much insurance did you get?" I'm sure no one here read my post back when I was posting about if you pour a glass of water by the sink you could see how the water tilted and if you put a ball on the marriage seam it will roll right to the back patio doors. WE cannot do it ourselves....we've both had heart attacks, he's had a stroke on January 30, then on February 9 in an auto accident that nearly killed him.

So, we are just going to buy a new one and sell this one for "take over payments" WITH full disclosure. It's about 1900 sq ft.

With all this frustration, any facts you can send my way I will greatly appreciate.

Thanks.
Greg

I am not sure what facts you are looking for, but I do understand your frustration. It seems to me that there should be a COMPETENT repair/setup person in the area.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."