tub faucet leaking

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

oldtimer

My cold water faucet in the tub is leaking.
I took it apart to change the washer but how do ya get to the flange nut ( I guess that what it's called ) it's inside the wall. Does it take a special tool to get to it??
Thanks
God Bless
Thank you
God Bless
JD
Site Admin

If this is an older mobile home faucet, you will need to access the nuts through the wall behind the shower. If you have paneling and the panels are not glued to the wall, you can remove the entire panel pretty easily. Otherwise, you will need an access hole. If I cut in an access hole, I will cut on the studs on each side of the faucet, from the floor to the height of the shower head, making all of the tub plumbing accessible. You should be able to reach the drain plumbing from there.

The older mh faucets are very easy to install. That flange nut holds the faucet tight against the wall panel. But do yourself a favor and buy a decent faucet. I would stay away from all plastic and the lowest end metal faucets. I recommend Moen Alder to my customers.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
oldtimer

What size socket does the faucet stem/bonnet take??
I can access it from the tub side if I knew what size it was.
There is a access hole on the other side of the wall but it isn't cut high enough
to get to the faucet and beings we rent I dont wanna cut the panneling bigger.
Thanks
God Bless
Thank you
God Bless
oldtimer

Thanks for all yer answers. I fixed it.
Thanks
God Bless
Thank you
God Bless