looking to relocate

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

joedirt63

sorry , probably wrong topic for here , but, we decided to move out of the keystone state , it's too cold ,sick of it, looking in Fla, would like a mobile home ,of course, also looking at job market down there too, auto tech ,or what I really like is mobile home repair. . Any info from you guys ? area,s and job prospects. I know it's not in the norm for this site but you guys been helpfull with everything else, thought i would ask. the zimmer i'm in now is ? well? it's about to slide off the mountain that's behind it. no footing or slab. just pillars in the dirt. just don't have the heart or the money to make it right. i'm in a lease, so i can get out fairly easy. made it nice for anyone who wants to set it up right. the lot is rented in a park and the owner just collects the rent and yells at you for haveing chickens, or parking your vehicle infront of your own house. park is run down and falling apart, i think there's a sink whole forming in the street in front of my house. time to get the hell out of dodge.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
JeepsOLot

Where in FL are you looking into moving to? South FL is nice, but, it can get very hot down here. Central FL is really nice, but, jobs are not that plentiful. Actually, as a whole, it's hard to find jobs down here. Working in auto repair might gain you better hopes, as, at least in South FL, there are PLENTY of dealerships of all makes to choose from. Not so sure about mobile home repair, but, there are plenty of MH parks down here, so, I would see a need for your skills. I'll be moving to Stuart in April, about 30 miles north of West Palm Beach. It's a nice town, people are awesome here, and you don't have the aggravations of the snow birds, tourists, and old people that should have had their license taken away decades ago!! I now live in Boca Raton, it's expensive, even to live in the 'hood! Stuart, Port St. Lucie, and Fort Pierce are all nice, and, you are still close to the beach. Martin County Schools are Number 3 in state, so, you can't beat that if you have kids. Hope this helps!!

Jerry
Greg S

I have heard that lot fees in Florida can be very steep, $600+ per month or is that only in the parks providing facilities like rec centers, pools etc.

I have friends (snow birds) with Mobile homes in Florida that are considering walking away from the homes as the resale is very low and lot fees are very high. Not worth holding on to for winter use. Probably going to give them to the park owners to cover lot fees.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
JeepsOLot

I don't know anyone personally that lives in a MH park, except the one I'm moving to, and that one only has a $45 per quarter HOA fee, as all of the units the owners own the land with the MH. Won't have to worry about lot fees, thank God!! Try to look for one like mine, just an HOA fee, which shouldn't be $600!!

Jerry
Norm Frechette

heres a good website for florida mobile homes

http://florida.mobilehomes-for-sale.com/

lot fees can start from $350/month and go higher (i'm sure it depends on location). not that discouraging.