Cistern Pump turn on Pump how?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

[email protected]

Hello. I just purchased the mobile that has cistern. I ordered the water service to fill up the cistern. None of the water comes out but the pump is working. Is there any value or switch I need to look for to turn on? Your help would be appreciated.
Greg

Hi & welcome. check the breaker/fuse box and make sure nothing is off there. Check by the pump, there may be a switch there also.

If the pump is running follow the pipe for any valves. Depending on the pump it may need to be primed, look for a fill plug on the top of the pump housing.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
[email protected]

Turned out the pipes cracked and got it fixed but the breaker kept popping off. What happens?
DCDiva

Sounds like it is time for a pump service--they usually fix/replace pump and are electricians--as they go hand in hand--it sounds like it could be many things--from a bad breaker, to not wired correctly, to the pump is going bad due to age or run too much without water flow---or there could be other factors--depending on the pump--I know the sub pumps can get junk around the propellers--plus if the pump needs replaced they know the best set up for your needs---
--or it could be like my BIL--we went out to run electric to his barn--found more problems than we imagined his water pump was running with 110 --should have been 220,ran all new--wow he had water presure lol,then his whole MH was running off a 100 amp breaker at the pole disconnect breaker vs directly wired --it was a 2 minute fix but they had it professionally done!!! My SIL was blowing breakers all the time especailly with window AC--since we changed it to the correct way, no problems--you never know what you might run into, better safe than sorry
Melissa