Routing pass-through electrical conduit under home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mdnagel

Anyone know whether it's permissible to run electrical service as pass-through under a manufactured home? The home is on a concrete pad and it would be far more convenient to route this service over top the pad than having to trench around the pad.

I have a service pole at one corner of the home and a shed* on the opposite (diagonally) corner.

* I bought my home about a year ago. A then existing renter had a shed wired up to the service panel (40 amp feed). He'd run the wire loosely (read "not in conduit") underneath the home from one side to the other (where, at each end, service panel and then to the shed, it was buried).

It's not looking like running conduit AROUND the home and pad is very desirable as there are significant obstacles along either side of the home: gas line and power line to a pump house (which I wired in a sub panel myself) on one side and a big (low) deck (and a poured walkway) on the other.

I know that conduit running under a manufactured home should be attached to the beams, but this is stated for electrical services for the home itself. In this instance this isn't for the home; I'm just looking to pass through under it (on top of the pad).

I've got someone lined up to do some other, unrelated, electrical work, but I don't think that he'd know the answer to this (or be able to find one- I've scoured the ENTIRE Internet :lol: ).
flcruising

It is our policy to not answer questions regarding electrical.
https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... f=6&t=5628

Please call your local building authority.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]