Subfloor with Allure vinyl

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AbbottsManor

I just purchased Allure Vinyl flooring for the dining room in my single wide. The subflooring is standard Georgia Pacific particleboard which is in good shape, I sealed some pet stains with Kilz. There are a lot of indentations where the floor was stapled down and 1 seam that isn't perfect but not real bad. I was thinking of putting down 5 mm tri-ply plywood underlayment from Home depot. The room is 13 X 8, the sheets come in 4 X 8 so that would be perfect. Is this a good product to use and what is the best method to fasten it down? Does anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks,

Chris
Greg

If it is not too bad, you may be able to use leveling compound mix.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

The tri-ply stuff is excellent underlayment but as Greg suggested, I would first look to skim coat divets and hard edges with floor compound.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Titan

Last winter I replaced some sub flooring and used the same product to cover. If you have some divets I would first try some floor level compound myself but if need be a tri-ply underlayment would be good too.

My buddy did his bathroom with this stuff. He went so far as laying 1/4 in hardie backer board as a sort of underlayment. It turned out nice.

Allure is great!