Siding Help

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Bunky

today I put a house door in my MH and now I need to replace some of the siding, I know the basics but can some one tell me how to cut the siding for over lapping or staggering of the panels ?
Greg

Here is a link to the vinyl siding installation manual, This covers the whole installation process from start to finish so you can skip over much of it.

http://chicagohomeprimer.com/editable/u ... Manual.pdf

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Bunky

Well Sears installed the siding on this MH back in 2000, and they can't tell me what Kind or Brand of siding they used, they want to charge me $100 to come out and inspect to see what I need and give me an estimate,

Attached is a couple of photo's to show the design, it's double 4.5 but it has a different design to it, the middle is molded to allow the panel to hook in. I only need a couple of pieces to fix my repair,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bunky

Here's all I need to finish the job, if I wouldn't of bought the "j" channel molded into the brick molding I would of just added a spacer of some sort,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Your best bet may be to pull a section from the back of the home, A new piece will never match due to sun fade. You can find a new one to fit on the back and use a paint match if you need to.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Bunky

Thanks Greg that''s a good idea It also got me to thinking of my skirting issue after I leveled the home and the skirting was short, so maybe I will remove some of the bottom and then put on some vertical siding